Monday, April 27, 2009

Creative Escape

Okay - here's some pics of my weekend of escape! LOL
.
I've made the pics small so (a) they aren't taking up mega space on my blog, and (b) because some of our family is on dial up and this would take AGES if I left them the size I usually do!
.
So - here's a pic out the window of the plane shortly after takeoff. And the Singapore flyer taken from the taxi when I arrived in Singapore (one day we might go on that!).


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And I got to meet Serene on Sunday morning before we left :-) So she is no longer my imaginary friend heheee. She was very sweet and gave me this absolutely awesome tee-shirt which she printed. You will have to check her blog to see a pic of the tee-shirt because I haven't taken a picture of it yet ... I will blog a pic of me modelling it later on :-)


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And my back pack ... you won't believe this, but we took the MRT from our hotel to the community club hall where Creative Escape was held and at 8.10am in the morning a security guard in the depths of the MRT pulled me aside because she wanted to check my bag! The girls missed out on a photo op, so I had to take a pic of the bag on its own :-) Couldn't believe it. Mind you it was jolly heavy with all my tools in it! But I don't think I look that suspicious do I???

So the day began ... first class started shortly after 9am and here's a photo of our teachers ... Kah Mei Smith, Tia Bennett & Donna Downey.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And with me ... and whoever had my camera took this random shot of our feet LOL (it's kinda cool though isn't it!)


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We had front row seats which was great. And the second photo is the 4 of us ready to head back to the hotel with all our bags and on the left is Sasha who very kindly helped out our table and the one behind us.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Back in the MRT waiting for our train.

Okay - today just going to share the first class we did which was with Kah Mei. We created a mini album which incorporated stamping techniques. The first picture is of the kit (and my pencil case etc!) Then photos of the album. I haven't finished the cover because I don't know what I want to call it ... Kah Mei's had "the beginnings" on the front, and after I had put down "the" I decided I didn't think I wanted to say the beginnings! So left the 2nd word for later on. I have already UTE'd the cover, so won't use rubbons for that word, maybe thickers or something that's a bit more bulky.












Will share with you tomorrow what I created in Tai's class, and when I have completed the things from Donna's class I'll share them ;-)
.
.
.
Here's the prizes I got ;-) - 1st is the door prize (think everyone got this), 2nd two pics were prizes from random draws throughout the day :-)







And of course shopping!!! Basic Grey stuff was on a good special and the rest was just little random bits and pieces heheheeee (the sort that just sort of fall into your basket as you wander around the shop!).
.
Thanks for looking.


.
p.s. I don't consider myself tall by any means (I am only about 5 ft 4"), but these photos make me look like a giant! Why is that? I didn't even have big heels on! LOL
.

7 comments:

Nilla said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time! Great work to! hugs from Nilla

Mrs Frizz said...

Your album looks sensational ... love your haul of goodies!!!

topkatnz said...

Very cool ... was gonna comment that you must be really tall!! but 5ft4in isn't so much ... they must've been real short!LOL Love your stash of goodies; and very interesting how the mini-album is made from a selection from different ranges ...

Unknown said...

Just one word for you... FABULOUS!!!
Thanks for sharing, so wish I had been there!!

Serene Ho said...

I was happy to be able to catch you and Val even only for a few hours! Next time around I shall make sure you come to my home and help me with the tshirt printing! Thanks for sharing! :)

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

man...i am in the pic looking all dowdy!!! lol but psss..who am i to comment? my pics arent even downloaded yet!

Sasha Farina said...

that is because I'm short.. LOL.. :D