Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shhhh ... they are both sleeping!

While the little darlings are both asleep I thought I would have another catch up! This is what they were up to this morning - Aaron pushed the cot across the doorway to make a "tunnel"!


Yesterday Lyndon and I had a "date" hee hee. Tess came to clean and she minded the kids as well for us while we went out. They were both asleep when we left and I think Aaron had nearly 2 hrs sleep, which was good. Lyndon and I went to this little Italian restaurant about 10 minutes drive from home. Very nice :-) Although I didn't particularly relax knowing what Maddison has been like lately and leaving them with Tess. Anyway worries weren't necessary as she was fine with them - at least she said she was and Maddison wasn't screaming her nut off when we got back which was a bonus (as soon as she saw me though she held out her arms and that was that!). She has become so clingy it's embarrassing. If Lyndon picks her up from her sleep she's fine with him until she either hears my voice or sees me, then no-one is good enough for her except for me. It's a nice feeling (sometimes), but I do like to share her - especially with her Daddy!!! :-)

Maddison is teething again. This time it's her top teeth, her top front tooth on her right has been showing for about a week and today she's been particularly grizzly so I checked her mouth and good gracious - that is one mumma of a tooth! No wonder she's been grizzly! She's going to look like a little rabbit if both front teeth are that big!!! I'd like to take a photo - but she's not at all obliging.

Okay - so here's the cards I made for Lyndon, one for his birthday and the other for our wedding anniversary (obviously!). The photo is a bookmark which I tucked into an acetate pocket. Notice I compromised - instead of buying him something lacy I added lace to the card!














And some LO's ... Janine did a LO for a challenge at Scrapbook Essentials and I really liked it. You can see Janine's LO here. So ... it's inspired me to give it a go. The challenge was this:



And here's my take. It's for my BOM - and I did a double layout. My BOM is 8x8 size and I had to do ovals rather than circles as I don't have circle templates big enough (shame ... something else to add to my wish list!!) Journalling reads: A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Easter Saturday, 15 April 1995. (Wasn't I skinny and didn't Lyndon have a lot of hair!! hee hee)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely date you both had. Had a wee giggle at your compromise on the lace. Wow I love your take on the sketch its stunning Rachel. You should join SE and submit it for the challenge. You have until next Wednesday.

Penny said...

Lovely LO and cards :)

Yay for dates! I've forgotten what to do on those things.

Man.... I'm disappointed about the lace though.

Hope M's teeth come through quick!