Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Need a Sinus Clean?

Try it Aaron's way!! (see below)

Today I thought we could go out for lunch ... Maddison woke from her morning sleep around 11.30am so did the necessary nappy changes and off we went. We went to Secret Recipe ... I think there's one in Akl - they have NICE cakes :-) And I have discovered their Frosty Iced Tea and Frosty Watermelon drinks. Delicious. I know ... Rachel doesn't like tea. But this is different ... a) it's cold, and b) it doesn't taste like cold tea, it must be a flavour or essence they use. I only like the iced lemon tea at Secret Recipe - have tried it at a couple of other places and bluhhhh (spit spit) it's just a pot of cold tea with a slice of lemon in it. Another absolutely fabulous drink is a Iced Chocolate Blast from Baskin Robins (ice-cream place!!). YUMMMM - ice, chocolate ice-cream and don't know what else, but it sure is good.

Another thing, over here you get brain freeze! I don't think I ever got brain freeze in NZ with cold drinks, ice creams etc. But here I do and Lyndon gets it real bad. Must be because it's so much hotter that cold drinks seem REALLY cold.

So here's some pics of our lunch out. Maddison spent her time laughing at the people at the next table at chewing the specials thingy. (By the way she ate her solids really nicely, hardly any spitting at all!! Might need to go out for lunch every day!)




Here's Aaron enjoying his watermelon drink and going "WEEEEEEEEE" (shouting loudly!) watching the fountain outside the restaurant. Then after lunch he played in the fountain.

I am such a mean mother - nearly laughed myself inside-out ... Aaron was bending over checking out one of the water spouts and it came alive!! He had his sinus passages cleared I tell you! So funny. He sort of cried then because I was laughing he did too and carried on dancing and playing. Fountain today was on full blast actually - I have not seen it so forceful before. After a bit the outside spouts stopped so he was mucking about bending over splashing the water on the concrete with his hands and then when to check a spout when it came on. This time he was very upset. I had to get a photo first though!! (Chocolate helps stop tears!!)




































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know your scrapper when you take a photo first and comfort the child after said photo. lol, he looked like he was having fun. Miss M looks like she is studying hard with the look on her face.

Penny said...

Eeeuw - bet that was nice! LOL! Poor guy - he's so sad.
Drinks look/sound yum :)