Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy Day

It's been one of "those" days!

Since Aaron didn't have a sleep yesterday, by the end of the day he was very special :-) Anyway he was in bed by 7.40pm I suppose by the time he'd had his bath etc and I think within about 3 minutes he was asleep. He woke at 7am this morning. I was feeding Maddison hoping I could put her down again and she'd carry on sleeping, but no such luck with Aaron coming in going "Helllllooooo". Maddison had half an hour sleep before I had to wake her to take to mtg. Aaron was excellent (for him), Aunty "Iwene" sat on the couch with us and had a bottomless bag of goodies for Aaron so when he wasn't sucking his dummy & twiddling his hair he was busy with the bag! Won't mention Maddison, she was very scratchy!

1 very grumpy little boy on the way back home though ... had a complete breakdown when I turned in the drive to the condo because he wanted to go the other way! So by the time we got inside I was exhausted! I shovelled a yoghurt into him and put him to bed and he was out to it. That would have been about 11.40am I suppose. Maddison went to bed soon after. I had some lunch and had a bit of snooze .. well I tried, but Maddison woke so that was that.

Put Maddison back to bed about 3.30pm and was dozing on the couch while Aaron played with his trains, after a bit I heard a noise suspiciously like cornflakes! You guessed it, the entire container (a new one I might add) had been tipped out onto the kitchen mat. I was so mad with him I didn't get a photo, sent him to sit on his bed and put the cornflakes back into the container (I had washed the mat last night after the porridge saga). He's the only one that eats them so he can have any extra bits there might be! (If you come to visit and want cornflakes for breakie - just check they aren't the same ones!!!)

Night mtg ... had to wake Maddison again for this. It had been thundering and lightening for a while, but while we were heading out the door it poured down with rain. Rain was awful - could hardly see 3 car lengths in front of us and of course drivers go crazy in the rain! I thought I might be lucky and by the time I got there it wouldn't be so bad, but it was even worse, so I jumped out and took the bags in, came back for Aaron, then for Maddison. So by the time I had done 3 trips to the car my skirt was absolutely soaked ... should have taken it off and dashed about in my petticoat then taken that off and put my skirt back on! (Probably not the done thing though!) The thunder would have to have been the worst I've heard since we've been here. Probably went on for over an hour and a half. So loud!

After mtg (in which Aaron was noisy, busy and cheeky and Maddison wasn't much better) I asked Aunty "Iwene" where there was a drive through McDonalds! So she came with us and I got tea then dropped her back at her car. She is such a sweetie. (She took us out for lunch yesterday to this very nice flash little deli restaurant and today I bought her a McD's burger for tea! Not a very good exchange for her!)

More aware than ever how careful I need to be about what I say, especially in front of the kids. After dropping off Irene, we headed for home - still pouring with rain. And I was muttering to myself (obviously not quietly enough) about this guy on a motorbike and that goober driver in that car etc. And next thing I had a running commentary in the back from Aaron. It went something like this:

"Wash out for that bike, silly fellow, oh all wet, car naughty, silly fellow, all wet, careful, oh dear, wash out for the bike Mummy, my word, silly fellow."

So home and McD's for tea, bathed the kids and got them into bed at 8pm. But that's not all ... Maddison threw a spaz, so got her up. Aaron kept getting out of bed, after I'd put him back 3 times and I heard him again I was about ready to throttle him. So marched into his room and couldn't find the little pet! He was hiding in the store cupboard filling his "happy" (nappy). Boys what a stench - how can such a little guy make such a foul smell. So another task and of course Maddison comes in and starts squealing and playing, so I have to start the process all over again of getting Aaron settled. He finally went to sleep about 9.30pm and I got Maddison to bed about 9.45pm (think she's asleep!)

So I am heading there myself. Hope you all had a good weekend. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like its been one of those days.....Aaron sure is a character, cornflakes and porridge....gotta laugh.

Penny said...

Make ya glad not to be a solo mum all the time hey?

Good for Aunty Iwene tho'.

I shall remember to ask about the cornflakes! :-) Can you padlock the pantry door handles together? ;)

Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

Uggghh one of those days! How do you cope on your own? What are these mtg's you're out to twice a day? Ha I'm so nosy!