Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Busy Enough

No pics today ... we've just been busy enough! :-)

No food messes today which has been nice - just blocks, train track and one of the toy bins spread all over the lounge. I can handle that!

Today's highlights are:
  • Aaron has made Lyndon a birthday card. It's pretty cool. Can't put a picture on here cause Lyndon will see it ... and it's not his birthday yet! :-) Lets just say it involves LOTS of glue ... I used my craft punches and Aaron stuck on the punch outs. Interesting!
  • Aaron spied my black Staz-On ink pad on my craft desk and kept telling me it was Maddison's. I said no it's mine. But he just went on and on and on that it was Maddison's. After about 10 minutes of this I said would you just be quiet please. He gives me this look and said "Maddison hink Mummy on feet!" Ahhhhh now I understand what's he's been raving on about. I used that ink pad to stamp Maddison's feet and hand prints - about 2 months ago! Of course why didn't I pick up on that with the first 'Maddison'!!! :- That kid has a memory like an elephant when it suits him!
  • I made a batch of choc chip cookies this afternoon (had a craving for them and no I am NOT pregnant) so Aaron had to "help" by getting on the step stool and wave his arms around the cake mixer telling me "round and round Mummy, round and round!" (As if I couldn't see it!)
  • Maddison tried to pull herself up on the oven when it was on (oven door was closed) .... yes Lyndon I know you told me she would. Aaron was bending over hands on knees peering through the glass to watch cookies baking and Maddison thought she'd have a closer look. So a fair bit of screaming involved on her part. Think I got her quick enough - laid her on the bench and stuck her hands under the cold tap. She seemed fine after a few minutes of that and a big cuddle.
  • I made a card ... it started out to be a birthday card for Lyndon, but ended up being pink. My how my colours have changed in card making since having a little girl!! No brown on it at all. So ... will use that for a competition that's on a blog somewhere (can't remember just where now) and try again tomorrow :-)
Okay time to sign off. Will try and do some pics tomorrow of the kids. Cheers R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

homamade cho chip bikkies haven't had them in ages. Funny how children remember things when they want.

Penny said...

yum! I made ANZAC ones today. With cranberries and chocolate. Maybe they should be called Maori Battalion ones?

Tim loves my cake mixer too. Lydia imitates the bread maker when it's mixing which is very funny!

I'm glad you have no more pantry escapades.