Sunday, April 27, 2008

Scrap Your 'Art Out

I have been busy scrapping :-) Yippee ... such fun (well for me anyway!). I like making in-roads into the HUGE pile of photos I have waiting to go into albums.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"1st Day @ School" was for the Friday Night challenge at SE. I love that photo of Aaron with his arms out so straight :-)

"Whare Runagna" was for the Fortnight challenge at SE. (I really like this LO -think I will use it for a few more) :-) (Finally doing some photos from our Russell holiday we had in July 2005 with Lyndon's family. )

Also ... don't think I have blogged this but I "won" (random draw) a RAK from SE for a LO I did for a Friday Night challenge of Aaron amongst the daffodils. Very exciting ... looking forward to getting that. :-)

Last night I participated in an on-line crop with Scrap-n-Crop. Was great fun actually. It was 3 hours and each hour a new challenge was posted. We had till 9am this morning to post our LO's, but there were prizes if you completed first. The first challenge was a LO using plain card stock (no patterned paper) and whatever embellishments we wanted. I found that really easy as I like plain card! I did the one of our visit to The Parrot Place at Kerikeri (July 05). Second challenge was to create a LO with a photo of a smile and the title of the LO had to be smile and you had to journal about why you liked the smile. So I did the one of Aaron laughing his head off (yeah ... more than a smile!) on his Nana's knee (hope Nana doesn't mind being on my blog!). The third LO was to use a photo of yourself and write 7 facts about yourself. Humm ... okay another page for my Book of Me! :-)




And the big bonus was I won a RAK for my facts layout for using my name. Cool huh! Will post a photo of it when it arrives.

So my next challenge is to create a LO using ONLY the stuff from my Paper Pesto April kit ... I've started and am finding this really hard actually. I didn't realise just how tempting it would be to go through my stash and add extra bits!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful layouts Rachel.

Bev said...

Lovely layouts. I love your paper pesto on their blog as well -its great paper for the olde world look for babies - I love the kits still got lots of bits and pieces from them. thanks for the great comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog and layouts Rachel! Hope you are transitioning well in KL and that you can get your hands on scrap supplies there! My sister (fifiscrapz) just gave me a paper pesto kit when I went to visit her in NZ a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to start using it!

Penny said...

Lovely lovely lovely!

"You'se bin" busy!

How nice to win RAKs too... :)