Friday, November 5, 2010

"White Vintage"

Today I did a class at Scrappingville with Julie Van Oosten from Collections - the class was a tri-fold frame with lots of different techniques and textures :-)
.
I was late getting there as I took Samuel to the Dr's and was first in the queue and then waited an HOUR for the Dr to arrive!!! So completely threw my well organised schedule out the window. Never mind - I got 80% of my frame finished there (after everyone else had packed up!) and then finished the rest off at home.
.
Here's a pic of me and Julie.
And I won the most awesome prize just by answering a question correctly hehee :-) A little Auzzie bag filled with Collections goodies. I am going to have fun with those! :-) Maddison has already got her eye on the bag!

Here's my frames in the final stages at the class. Julie had these really cool clips/clamps which held things in place while the glue set. Think I might have to get myself some!

And my finished piece at home.
And of course the close ups ...
Love the "damask" technique we did on the frame - it's a technique I am positive I will be using again and again.



I haven't made anything like this for ages ... I used to do a fair bit before we moved to KL. Nowadays I seem to be scrapping, mini albums or cards! So was a nice change to do something different again.
.
Thanks for visiting. :-)
.

3 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

those are gorgeous Rach!!

Yeong Shong said...

love the frames and the details....

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG Rachel, that is stunning ... LOVE IT ...