Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another Update

Well ... now we know why Maddison had a fever for 4 days!! When I went to the Dr's on Tuesday night she said to come back on Thursday afternoon if she still had a temp and she'd do some blood work (Dr's words) as Maddison could have Dengue Fever. But her temp had dropped on Thursday morning so I didn't bother. But on Friday morning I noticed a rash all over her tummy and on one side of her head! Great ... did a google search and dengue has a rash, so when Lyndon got home I took Maddison back to the Dr.

Result ... relief it's not dengue ... she has measles instead! Ahhhh ... anything else anyone wants to throw at our kids?????

She hasn't had her MMR vaccination yet (too young), Aaron has though so will be interesting to see if he gets it. Dr said there was a lot of measles and rubella going around at the moment! (Nice ... wonder who breathed all on her at Aaron's school!!)

Aaron's got holidays all next week, so will be an interesting week as Dr said I wasn't to go anywhere with Maddison as it's contagious. Lyndon flies to Japan tomorrow morning till Tuesday the following week, so I think I might go a little stir-crazy!!

So that's what's happening at our place ... not much! :-}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you don't usually hear of measles these days ... what bad luck! I hope she isn't too bothered by it and that Aaron doesn't get it (he shouldn't if he's had his first MMR shot).
Hang in there!

Penny said...

poor kiddo! Calamine lotion perhaps :)

At least it wasn't dengue...

Anonymous said...

eeeks I was freaking when I read dengue fever but measles oh the poor mite, hope Aaron doesn't get them.