Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Mothers Day started far too early for me ... yawn yawn! Maddison has a cold and last night wasn't the best, but we are still alive and kicking! (pretty feeble kicks though on my part ... I need a Nana nap or 2!).

Yesterday we found our way to Scrap-n-Crop and I got my "bits and pieces"!! All I can say is "WOW". Val (the lady that owns Scrap-n-Crop) has this little room at her house that is floor to ceiling CHOCKA BLOCKA full of scrapbooking & stamping treasures! It was awesome ... I need to go back without the kids!! hee hee. Aaron had the time of his life (as you can imagine), he uses the word "sorry" instead of "excuse me" (but sorry fits anyhow as he's usually pushing you into something on his way past!). So he spent the time "sorrying" past me and Lyndon into all sorts of things and exclaiming loudly over all the things he found. He kept adding things to my pile! (And no I wasn't encouraging him!) Lyndon kept asking "Hon did you want these?" Haaaa Haaa. Here's a pic of what I got (Mothers Day you see!). :-)

Got my 8x8 album for my BOM so very happy about that, some Basic Grey papers, scalloped papers, rub-ons, white journalling pen, Maya Road chipboard flourishes (honestly you would buy their stuff just for the tins!!), some felt fusion stuff (haven't tried that before) and a white staz-on inkpad (can't believe I didn't have one of these in my stash!). Oh ... I got some NEW Prima artful collage flowers. They are so cool. They are new out and the box had only arrived that day and Val hadn't even unpacked everything - so was pretty lucky to sneak a packet of them.

I got Happy Mail yesterday too ... some neat stickers from SE - I won a RAK from them a few weeks back.

Here's a pic of what Aaron made at school for Mothers Day! The soap is HOT pink and the teacher has cut into it the words "I Love U Mama". Very cute.

So far Mothers Day for me has been pretty uneventful! Maddison and I stayed home this morning because she was just too grizzly and snotty to take anywhere. Won't be going out this evening I don't think either as Lyndon flies to Singapore tonight ... leaves home about 4.30pm and he's away all week. So I think an early night is in order! Hopefully the kids will agree with me!

2 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

The doily and hand print ... too cute ... a special treasure.

Your scrapping supplies for Mother's Day - woo hoo - have fun creating. I love Prima with a passion and you can never have too many flowers ... truly.

Have fun.

Penny said...

Oh I LOVE that album! And supplies are the best way to cheer yourself up! :) I like how Aaron thinks! Hee hee!

The felt is cool because you can make it wavy/curve.