Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back to the drawing board ...

Here's the LO I been working on ... finished it off this morning. It's okay, but it's not my favourite! Dash it all. Oh well ... you get that. I tried some different things for me on a LO. Incorporated some of my stamping habits!!! I used a versamark pen and traced the outline of the daisy's then clear embossed them and filled them with dimensional magic. Patterned paper, embellishments and butterflies are from April's Paper Pesto kit, card stock around photo is from my stash and so are the Hero Arts gems I've used to give a little "bling" on the butterflies and small flowers. I tried to follow the curves of the blue flourish for the muddle of embellishments ... not sure that it actually worked!

So here it is and also a close up of one of the flowers.


Other news ... Aaron got into the calamine lotion this morning while I was in the shower. I discovered him sitting oh so quietly in the kitchen with the door shut and lotion all up his legs, and all over the floor. Took me 20 minutes to clean the floor as he'd picked a mosaic tile to rub it into! Very pesky all those little groves!

Okay, better go sort some lunch out I suppose.

3 comments:

SFMiles said...

Your scrapbooking pages are beautiful! and your children look very adorable.

Mrs Frizz said...

Calamine on the floor and in tile grooves ... not a good idea ... and I'm sure it would have been a hideous mess. Aren't children delightful ... at times like that - NOT!!!! Okay, so the scrapbooker in me is thinking ... did you take photos??? well I had to ask - lol.

That layout is adorable btw ...

Penny said...

Well I think the LO is great! I am glad to see you are doing some stamping on it ;)

That song, "Going to need an ocean of calamine lotion" will need to be played to Aaron.