Saturday, May 17, 2008

Strawberries

Strawberries and ice cream for dessert tonight. Maddison was chatting away to me and pointing and squealing, so I gave her a berry ... made sure I had the camera ready first though! :-)







Pretty quiet day today. Maddison up at 5.45am so I let Lyndon sleep in till 7am! Aaron was up by then and I couldn't let Lyndon miss out on all the noise and fun! (ha)

Maddison was back in bed by 8.40am and she had a really good sleep - 3 hours. Then we walked down to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for lunch. After we came home and put Aaron to bed, Lyndon went into work to catch up on his expense claims and print out his e-tickets for his trip to Vietnam next Tuesday. Discovered though that the secretary hadn't emailed them to him ... glad I am not in her shoes!! Managed to sort it out though by phoning the airline.

Kids activities this afternoon have involved spreading 2 entire packets of new nappies all around their bedroom (no photos ... I have enough of them doing that!), all cushions off our bed chucked all over the place, wooden train track and trains all over the lounge, then if that wasn't enough half a shelf of books ended up in a pile on the floor in their room! The pair of them are right little monkeys. Aaron knows he's not supposed to be doing it, but he goes ahead anyway and when I walk in, he says "naughty boy Maddison!" (I struggle not to laugh sometimes.)

They had their bath after tea ... Maddison had strawberry smeared everywhere! She was in bed about quarter past 7, Aaron went down about 8pm. All quiet soon after that and at 9pm Lyndon went to check Aaron and found the light on and Aaron frantically wiping the toybox and floor looking very guilty! He'd got into the wardrobe and got a packet of wetwipes out of the nappy bag and pulled at least half the packet out and squeezed all the sudsey water out and had several soapy puddles on the floor and over the toybox! Lyndon turned round and walked out to get me and Aaron just burst into tears. Very major sobbing going on I tell you and when I came in, he was trying to climb and hug Lyndon through the sobs! What is it with our kids and nappies, wipes and toilet paper??

Just a little side note - we are just wondering if Maddison has picked up Aaron's bug he had a couple of weeks ago! Will know for sure tomorrow. *sigh*

Monday is a public holiday here and we are hoping to go to an elephant orphanage. We're really looking forward to it. It's about a 2 hour drive and we are going with some friends. So hopefully we are wrong about Maddison and she's fine, otherwise we won't be going (well her and I won't be anyway).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I hope you are wrong and she doesn't have a bug, the visit to the elephant orphange sounds lovely. oh no at the wet wipes.....love the look on Maddisons face with the strawberries.

Mrs Frizz said...

Strawberry photos ... gorgeous.

Hope Maddison hasn't come down with the bug ... an elephant orphanage - now that would be some trip.

Okay, I'm honest ... I laughed about the wet wipes ...

Penny said...

Oh those strawberry pics are just gorgeous! I love the progression and expressions. I got pics for Lydia's first strawberry experience but they aren't that good unfortunately. She loved them.

I am glad my kids aren't the only expert house trashers.

Anonymous said...

awww what a cutie! I think ALL kids are expert house trashers... mine certainly are *sigh*