Saturday, May 10, 2008

Performance ...

Well situation with Aaron at school has been monitored all right ... I think everyone within hearing distance of 1km could monitor it!! What a performance!! Oh well ... suppose it's my turn to have a screaming clingy kid at school - have been lucky so far.

As soon as we walked in the door he threw a spaz and practically climbed me yelling "No Mummy!" Not sure what the problem was ... well I knew what the problem was, he didn't want to go to school ... but not sure what's behind it all. I had left Maddison with Tess, so was thankful I only had to deal with Aaron. His behaviour was most unusual for him, usually when he goes to school he trots off and joins in with the others or does his own thing, so for him to be so grizzly and clingy was strange. He was fine as long as I was within reach - as soon as I moved a step away he'd just scream. After about 10 minutes he said he wanted to go to the playground. Now sometimes Mums have to act a bit dumb!! I knew he didn't mean the school playground, he meant the one upstairs! But I looked at the teacher and she nodded so we took the kids to the school playground. I spent about 10 minutes with Aaron kicking a ball around, and suggested he ride one of the trikes, but he started crying and wanted his bike! Unbelievable ... so teacher said why didn't we bring it down. So off we go and I kid you not, as soon as we were heading for the door Aaron perked up, laughing, doing his happy dance and was a totally different kid. Got his bike and he rode it down to school but as soon as he saw the door to school the performance started all over again. I am not sure if something has happened that he doesn't like, or he's realised that his little friend Hugo doesn't go to school anymore (he's moved to the States), it's just a "phase", or he's liked having days home doing stuff with me. Anyway after another 10-15 minutes I had to go as Maddison was waiting for a feed and needed to go to bed, so left the teacher to it. I asked her to txt me and let me know how he was getting on. After 45 minutes I got a message to say he's settled in and is enjoying sand play! Go figure ... I can't work him out!

Other news ... Maddison's temperature has settled, she has a cold! Yay (not) snotty days ahead.

I got happy mail yesterday - the RAK I won from an on-line crop I did with Scrap-n-Crop arrived. Very cool ... I have used a page from the chipboard book already ... that's for another post though :-)

I completed a LO last night for a challenge at Scrap-n-Crop. You had to use at least 2 Basic Grey patterned papers and a "vintage" photo of yourself! By vintage they meant old, or orangey looking photos, plus journalling. (I am using up my OLD stash of Basic Grey papers so I can get some of the new stuff!) So I decided to do a page for Maddison's album and I used the sketch that Paper Pesto has for their challenge this month. (I am in the process of doing a LO for Paper Pesto's challenge using the papers I got in their April kit.)


Here's a pic of Aaron this morning. He woke just before 6 looking for his dummy, so I found that and tucked him back in, but Maddison woke! So took her out for a feed and while I was feeding her Aaron got out of bed and turned the light on. So I asked Lyndon to get him and give him some books to read in our room so I could put Maddison back to bed. :-)

Oh ... if anyone has any suggestions for this they would be gratefully received! Aaron has a very bad habit of stuffing heaps of food into his mouth at meal times and if it's something that's not a favourite, it gets pushed to the side of his mouth and everything else goes in and down around it. It's disgusting. Last night I'd had enough, he'd stuffed his mouth full of chicken and corn and was just sitting there with his mouth absolutely bulging and was still trying to put more in! So I took his plate away and said he had to swallow what was in his mouth before he had anymore. In the past we have give him his yoghurt to help get the chipmunk stuffing down (doesn't always work though)! But I decided it's time he learnt to eat like a semi normal person!! So ... any ideas on how to get him to swallow his food?? He sat there for 45 minutes and I even ate an ice cream in front of him to see if that would help (mean I know, but what else to try). I told him he could have one if he swallowed what was in his mouth. But that didn't work. Said if he didn't swallow it was bath and then straight to bed, no yoghurt, snacks, or bedtime story. That didn't work either! So he got his bath and went to bed!

Okay ... off now to do the dishes and get Aaron back to bed so we can go to Scrap-n-Crop after lunch to get me some "bits and pieces". :-)

1 comment:

Penny said...

the dramas we put up with huh?

No advice sorry! Tim stuffs things in his mouth when he's in a hurry. So disgusting.