Monday, May 5, 2008

National Scrapbook Day

Saturday was National Scrapbook Day ... I didn't get all done that I wanted, but still achieved a bit. Finally getting those photos scrapped from our July 2005 holiday that I have had printed off for AGES! We have been having trouble with our computer running really slow, so Lyndon decided to fix it on Saturday! As a result my journalling has been hand written! Not that classy, but oh well ... I did try to be neat! These LO's are from the challenges that SE had over the weekend.

Cape Reinga, 90 Mile Beach and Gumdiggers Park are for the Friday Night Challenge, which was to use scraps, left over stickers etc. that were lying on your desk. We were allowed to use a new piece of cardstock for the base ... so I had green card strips and black stickers ... had enough for the Cape Reinga LO, but the 90 Mile Beach I had to make the i, e, a and c using other letters (you can tell if you look!). The stickers for Gumdiggers Park were from another set I had opened. Not particularly fussed on the stickers, but they fitted with the left over challenge!




The 1st challenge for NSD was to create a card or something for Mothers Day, so I made 2 cards (won't show here!!). Now I just need to get them in the post!

The 2nd challenge was a LO with something to do with scrapbooking and ourselves. So ... this is my space here in KL :-) It's for my BOM, and I ran of time to do journalling, so think I will do another LO to go alongside this one to explain why I scrap and why I enjoy it. (One day ...!)


3rd challenge was to create a LO that had at least 70% of your favourite manufacturer. I chose Wild Asparagus from All My Memories. The only things that weren't were the brads, photos and the ink I used to sponge the edges.


I also have about 3 other LO's which I have stuck down the photos, but still need titles, journalling and some embellishments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yu were a busy bee, gosh your scrap space is so tidy. Great layouts and challenges that you completed.

Penny said...

You have been busy! I've done 1 lonely challenge from SBO so far... would like to do some more this week.

Aaron in a basket is very cute :)

My Space.... heh heh, great title.