Sunday, May 25, 2008

Scrapping Catch Up

Okay ... here's some LO's I have finished over the last couple of days ... and no I still haven't finished the ones for the competition!!! Working on them though :-) I can't show you pics of them yet till after the judging, which I think is Wednesday, so maybe Thursday I can blog about it.

This one of Wairo Church is for the Friday night challenge at the NEW forum called The Sketch Book. The challenge was actually 2 challenges, but you got brownie points if you used all the 'ingredients' ... so that's what I did. (Ingredients were: Create a layout that uses the colour scheme of the home page of The Sketch Book (Green, Blue, White). You will also need to use polka dots and stripes. Alternatively - create a layout or card that uses the bird theme, so it can either be birds/owls etc. You also need to use the following: Photo Corners and Brads.)

I need to add in here that credit goes to Jennifer McGuire for her video tip (see here at Hero Arts) on how to make 'blossoms' out of the prima flowers. So cool. And also to Beverley (Fifiscrapz) for her idea of cutting out the branch from a patterned paper in the April Paper Pesto kit, although she left the flowers on. I didn't want those flowers for this page, so cut them off and made my own! ;-)



This next LO was for a challenge at Scrap-n-Crop and you had to use the quote "There is no measure greater than this: the joy that comes from a child's happiness". I scrapped pics of Aaron mucking about in the bath with a flannel. (Photo credits to Lyndon!!)

Last night Scrap-n-Crop had an on-line crop - 3 hours and a challenge each hour. 1st challenge was to do a LO from a movie poster ... there were 5 to chose from and I chose this one.

And here's my take of it ... and guess what. I won a RAK for the best take of this challenge. :-) I hand cut the petal shapes and inked the edges - I've had this patterned paper since I 1st started scrapbooking I reckon! (probably about 8 years ago!) Used the whole sheet! After searching my files for a photo for this take - I decided that I really need to take a nice photo of Lyndon with Maddison as the only ones I have of them together on their own are new born ones and Lyndon's hands are so big they cover up most of Maddison!

2nd challenge was a LO from a lady on the Scrap-n-Crop design team and we were to 'scraplift it'.


This is my take of it.

3rd challenge was "come away with me to either PARIS, CHINA or INDIA or you can even bring me to your HOME Country! Choose a country :

le Paris - la ville d'amour PARIS - The City of LOVE! Mention Paris, romantic notions instantly pop into the mind!Create a Layout solely about/on ~ LOVE and title it "AMOUR"

CHINA China with its continuous Mystical, Modern and Unique civilization. Create a Layout with Chinese elements on it (eg. wordings, pics, stickers, embellishments etc)

INDIA - A land for all seasons. Just one Word comes to mind - BOLLYWOOD! Create a layout with a min of 5 Happy & Bright coloured PPs or CSs and layer them behind your photos

If you do not wish to go anywhere, then you can also choose to bring me to your home country instead. Create any layout using only the colours of your country's flag and title it in your own local language/dialect.'

Well ... I wasn't in a soppy mood so scrapped these photos of Doubtful Sound taken in Nov 04 and local language was easy! I will do another LO to go along side this one with other photos and journalling ... couldn't be bothered journalling at 10.40pm!


So that's it. Now I really really need to get these other LO's completed for the competition so I can chose the one I like best to submit. I'll blog about both them on Thursday.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

love these lo's they are great!

Penny said...

Wow! You have been busy! These are Awesome :)

Anonymous said...

I agree you have been super busy, I loved your sketchbook layout the tree was funky and I loved teh way you cut that out from paper etc....Love the daddy's little girl layout stunning.

Bev said...

Great layouts the tree looks awesome - and thanks for the credit