Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Few Photos

Haven't posted any pics of the kids for a couple of days ... so here's some for your viewing pleasure! (ha haa)

Here they are helping me search for rubbish for my LO for the Scrap-n-Crop competition!! (Snort ... not! The rubbish bin had been cleaned and I was thinking of using a pic of them on my LO, but changed my mind cause you can't see the bin properly. Also you aren't suppose to recognise the kids, but Maddison has fat wee ankles so it's a bit of a give away!!) :-)




You know you are really are scrapbook crazy when you encourage your son to read a book just so you can take a photo of him reading it because you have the PERFECT paper for the LO!! A couple of years ago I bought 1 piece of patterned paper that had Dr Seuss's Green Eggs & Ham picture on it. There weren't many sheets there, so I thought yep I'll use that one day. So the last few weeks I have been reading it to Aaron and he's even picking it himself and getting Lyndon to read it to him (hee hee). Anyway ... tonight after their bath he trots into the bedroom with the potty and selects a couple of books and sits down to read. Obviously going to be a long drawn out affair, so I fed Maddison and put her to bed and he's picked out a few more books and still sitting on potty reading (could hardly believe it!). Then he decides he's not in the right place, so carts potty out to the edge of the lounge and reads Horton Hatches an Egg. And when that book is finished he brings Green Eggs and Ham and the potty out to the kitchen where I am doing the dishes and parks himself down on the mat at my feet! So of course I just couldn't resist, I had to take photos and yes I am going to scrap them on that special piece of paper! :-) Even though I was thinking of having him clothed and sitting on the couch, but he picked the time and place to read the book, it wasn't set up by me! (Honest!) :-)

Today has been interesting! Lyndon left about 8.45am for the airport - he's off to Japan - back on Tuesday 10th. And because Maddison has the measles we are stuck at home, so felt really strange not going to "Uncle Rowberts" this morning! Aaron asked me several times while he was having breakfast about going in the car to Uncle Rowberts! (Breakfast was a very long drawn out affair ... 2 and a half hours of mucking about not chewing, just filling his cheeks!)

Aaron's had the trots for a couple of days, but pleased to report that seems to have finished today. Phew, thankfully.

Maddison had a really good sleep this morning, she went down about 9.45am and slept till 1.15pm. Refused to have a sleep this afternoon though. Oh well Aaron did, he had an hour an a half so that was good.

Lyndon has txt me tonight to say he'd arrived in Japan and was on a bus which supposedly took 88 minutes to reach his destination, but think it took a lot longer than that.

Okay, I am off to have a look and play with my rubbish LO then to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hows that rubbish search and layout going......love that shot of Aaron on his potty reading thats going to make a fab layout.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I think most scrapbookers have done that - set up a photo to match some PP! Shows that we're serious about our hobby :-)
The photos of Aaron are so cute and will make a great page.

Penny said...

Aaron is always so serious about his reading ;) So cute!

Love the rubbish search photos - especially the required hard hats for safety.