Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOT


I only have one Woo Hoo for today! I only need one! (BTW check out the cool Woo Hoot button Penny made for Janine's Woo Hoot Wednesday - neat aye!)


My entry for Challenge 3 of Scrap-n-Crop's Project Scrap Away won first prize!!!! I can hardly believe it. Here's what I did ... and like I said in my previous post ... you can laugh at the photos okay, but no rude comments!!! :-)



Here's a few close ups, I had transparencies on a few of the pages so have "pushed" them aside so you can see the rest of the 'special' photo!! :-) hee hee




Journalling:
Cover: - Me in the 70's (the tag has my full name and date of birth on it)
Page 1: - A small collection of photos of myself during the 70's, highlighting great fashion sense and some special memories that I actually remember. I look back on these photos and laugh (and sometimes shudder) at what I was wearing … I can't believe my Mother let me out of the house wearing some of these outfits!
I wonder if my children will look back at their childhood photos and think the same as I do … "my Mother dressed me funny"!
Page 3: - Me & Sam Cat
Page 4: - Me giving Marmalade a good squeeze.
Page 5: - Grandma (name removed) and I at the beach.
Page 6: - Spot the dress tucked into my dungarees.
Page 7: - Striped Socks … were these my favourite? I seem to be wearing them in a lot of photos and they never match with the rest of my outfit!
Here I am with our goat Sally's first set of twins. (I remember that green knitted jacket it was really warm - it even had a hood.)
Page 8: - It was almost a tradition every year to go to the (name removed) Tulip Farm when the tulips were in flower – acres and acres of beautiful bright colour.
And here I am … showing off my petticoat, a loud spotty dress and those same striped socks again!
Page 9: - Catching caterpillars off the ragwort plants with my friend (name removed). It must have been trendy to wear striped socks a different colour to the rest of your clothing!
Page 10: - My Dad, My Sister and I
70's Fashion ~
Men : Wide ties (tied short)
Girls : Knee length elastic waist skirts (pulled up nearly to armpits) and long socks.
Back Cover: - The end!
Right ... off to finish my happy dance!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your album and am stoked you won, you so deserve it. Love the concept and what a great way to capture the fashion of back then.

Unknown said...

Well done Rachel!!! Just wanted to pop over and say Congrats, loved your mini it's was a fantastic idea!!! Envious of the amount of photos you have of you at that age, me I have but a handful of me growing up, sadly. All the best for the next round :)

Anonymous said...

Well I am not surprised that you won! That album ROCKS!! Love it :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow that is fantastic Rachel! And it is an amazing album!

Anonymous said...

Thats a huge whoo hooo well done. Don't we all love to do that happy dance.

Penny said...

Oh my - that is a fabulous album! The colours and stuff just scream 70's! LOL! Go you and a big congratulatory hug! I'm really excited for you :-)

I was the only girl on my netball team who wore long socks.