Monday, June 23, 2008

No time ...

For long drawn-out goodbyes this morning!

Not sure what time I got up to feed Maddison again ... must have been between 5 and 5.30am I think. Anyway I feed her and she fell asleep on me when I was burping her and I must have dosed off as well ... I woke up with a snore neck and put her back in bed and staggered back to bed myself, but just happened to glance at the clock ... 6.40am. Hummm Lyndon was still in bed snoring softly and Aziz the taxi driver was picking him up at 6.45am to take him to the airport (he's off to Thailand for the week). My first thought was the kids had been playing with the clock so I dashed to the bathroom to check my watch and no the time was correct, so I turned on the lights, woke Lyndon and he did a mad dash for the shower. In approximately 8 minutes, he'd showered, dressed, grabbed his bag and threw me a kiss and was gone!! Okay he hadn't shaved and he looked a bit (no make that a lot) dozy on it, but he was less than 10 minutes late!

I found out later that his alarm on his phone had gone off at 6am, but he got up, turned it off and jumped straight back into bed!! Duh ... what's the point of setting your alarm if you are going to do that???

While we were having breakfast Aaron asked where Daddy was. So I told him he'd gone in a plane and he was going to Thailand and showed him on the world map we have on the wall by the dining table where we lived and where Thailand was. I said "here's where we live and here's Thailand up here and Daddy's plane goes weeeeee from here to there" (or something like that). Aaron said "Daddy's gone plane to Thailand up by the light"! Obviously what I said to him "up here" translated into Aaron speak is up by the light!! haa haa

I am about 70% complete with Challenge 5 of Scrap-n-Crop's Project Scrap Away. :-) Have run out of card (slight miscalculation on my part) I have used for mounting, so need to pop out and get some more this afternoon while Aaron is at school. I am really thrilled with how this LO has come together. It's something I have been wanting to do for a while, so the challenge was a great excuse. No sneak peeks sorry ... you will have to wait till tomorrow night my time to see. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol too funny, just as well you woke up when you did or he could have been later than 10 mins. Oh I can't wait to see your challenge layout.

Anonymous said...

Ready in 8 minutes, that's impressive!
Too cute about "up here" meaning the light :-)
When I show Tyler things on a map, he will say "but that's not far!" because he just can't comprehend the distance factor!