Friday, June 6, 2008

A Hecko

The other day Aaron saw his first gecko and since then he been saying the word hecko and I wasn't sure what he was meaning. But tonight we had been out to pick up some stuff and coming back I saw a big gecko running up one of the pillars in our apartment foyer, so I drove back round to show Aaron but being a bloke he was looking everywhere else but where the gecko was and then it disappeared. So driving to the carpark I was telling him about it and said did he remember the little one we saw the other day that hid under our door. (Ahhhh ... now I know what a hecko is!)

The trouble is when he gets excited he talks real fast and his words that I normally know get a bit more mixed up! By the time I had parked the car (up 3 floors to our park) hecko had changed from hecka to hanga. I tried correcting him and asked him to take his dummy out (his excited words are even worse with that in!!) and he could say gecko, but then dummy would go back in and hanga it was! After he'd calmed down a bit he reverted back to hecko!

We tried to find it again outside, I saw it, but it was too quick for Aaron. We may have to go gecko/hecko spotting in the garden one evening!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it.......

Penny said...

so cute :)
love geckos.