Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Water Update

A few have asked what our water is like now. Well, that bottle that Lyndon filled has now got a very furry looking sediment at the bottom - sort of hard to tell in photo, but the water is relatively clear (not that I would drink it!!). Of course if you give the bottle a good shake it's back to espresso!

Last Thursday a guy from Management came to tell me what they were doing now, most of his explanation I didn't get, but did understand that they have someone doing a check on the tanks each morning and night to make sure the water levels are high, they are backwashing (I think it was the filter) 8 times a day instead of 4, and they are getting quotes to have the holding tanks cleaned! I sure hope that happens soon. If we have this much sediment in a 5 litre bottle how much is in the tanks?? (Doesn't really bear thinking about actually.) Bath water is looking much clearer which is good ... don't feel like the kids are bathing in "apple" juice!! (that's my polite description!)


4 comments:

Penny said...

Glaarg! Oh well, I suppose they are doing something. Is it rainwater they collect?

Sarah Patterson said...

wow, that is just so disgusting! Do you have to buy bottled water over there? We do here, but only because the water tastes nasty.:)

Anonymous said...

I must tell Sheena how pure our tap water is - we need never buy bottled water again! (more $ for fishing gear...)

Christine said...

Gosh that is disgusting!! and we take the water here so much for granted.