Friday, March 18, 2011

See you when we get back Raccoons!

This morning we took the "raccoons" down to the teacher (Ms K) to look after for us while we are away.
.
When I was cleaning the containers getting them ready I was thinking that this one was dead and I wouldn't bother taking it ... but then it wiggled! A very big wiggle! I got such a fright ... I may have even let out a little squeal heheee
.
So much to the delight (not) of Ms K she has the wiggler to mind as well. heheheee You can see it's skin that it shed in the photo too.

The monster caterpillar is safely tucked up in his new cocoon.
And here they are at the school waiting till home time :-)
Kids saying goodbye.Next post will probably be from the deep South of New Zealand :-)
.
Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

somebody who needs to love herself said...

Hugs dear. Pleasant and safe journey back. Will miss your blog post!!

Steeped in Beautea said...

Safe travels Rachel and family. I hope Ms K will be taking photos of the raccoons for the children.
By the way that first photo made me squemish. Janine from NZ

Shirl said...

So its true that butterflies can transmorgrify outside its raccoon!

Bon voyage, Rachel!

topkatnz said...

Ick! See you soon:)

Kate said...

hey Rach,
I spent the afternoon in your house in Mt Albert on thursday, one of my friends from uni is renting it. hope you all have a great trip.

Mrs Frizz said...

safe travels and will catch up with you at some stage in the deep south ...