Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Scrappin Studio Sunday Sketch

I couldn't resist using some of my papers from Studio Calico and having a go at Scrappin Studio's Sunday Sketch.
.
Everything I have used on this LO (except for the Stickles & thread) is from the Wildflower kit.

I cut out the wings of this butterfly and put foam tape underneath to lift it up and used 3 different colours of stickles that matched the paper to add a bit of bling.
Added some thread and stickles to the buttons.
Cool tulle flower.
Cut out a ladybug and added some glitter too.
I really like these alphas that are in this kit and the fact they are so flat, but man they are hard to remove from the backing sheet! AND once they are stuck on the paper they are hard to remove (speaking from experience, as I got down to the 'n' in candles and realised I wasn't got to fit the title, so had to go back and lift them all off and start again!) I did damage the paper a little bit, but it's not too obvious thankfully. The worst bit I managed to cover up with another letter.
.
So that's all the scrapping I am going to get done before we leave on holiday I think! I really should concentrate on packing bags now I suppose hehee ;-)
.
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Shirl said...

Maddison looks so cute at 2! Isn't she a lucky girl to have a giant ladybug cake for her birthday? :)

Love the sweet colours of this layout, and its so cool that you cut out the butterfly from the paper to create a 3D effect and with stickles too!

Jessy Christopher said...

Great take on the sketch! Yes, that is a pretty layout of Madison! You used those papers well - love the girly colors :)

Jaime Lee said...

You had did a great job on the sketch. Can't believe that you start on with Wildflower first. It was indeed a very sweet line and very nice to match them with your princess :D. Thanks for playing!