Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Woo Hoot Wednesday



Janine's Woo Hoot Wednesday again :-)

Well the highlight would have to be having Lyndon home. You should have seen the kids when they woke from their sleep on Sunday afternoon to see Daddy :-) The SQUEALS! :-) Much excitement.

Lyndon is off to Singapore tomorrow for the day, but he has Friday off, so that's a Woo Hoot. But the bestest part is we are all going away for the weekend. My Grandad's funeral is on Friday at 11am NZ time, so that's 7am here. So while they are gathered all together, we'll be just starting our day here. Very sad I can't be there, but feeling a lot happier about the decision now. It really was going to be too big a trip for Maddison and me just for 2 and a half days!

So ... our weekend away :-) We are going to Pangkor Island which is about a 3 and a half hour drive from here, then we leave the car and hop on a ferry. We are going to stay at Pangkor Island Beach Resort. Lyndon wanted to book a Villa, but you can't have kids in the Villas! Shame! :-{ Anyway it looks nice where we'll be - in the Ocean Wing. Be interesting to see if the picture is true! hehee This website here gives a little info about the island and a map. I will make sure the camera batteries are charged :-) Might have to do me a little mini album I think :-)

Talking of mini albums ... I tossed up whether to buy Ali Edwards latest book, Sharing Your Story, but thought, no I'll get her previous one, Life Artist, since I have heard so many good things about it. It arrived yesterday and it's fantastic. :-) So many great ideas in there for my "every day" photos. Looking forward to implementing those ideas in my scrapping. (I've got Ali's latest book on a waiting list at Scrap-n-Crop heheehee, Val ordered some in and they sold within 24 hours!)

Woo Hoo - getting details organised and planned and sorted for our holiday back to NZ in November! Still got a couple of things to sort, but we're getting there. So looking forward to seeing the "little cousins" playing (and fighting) together :-) heehee Will be very entertaining. Good job Nana and Grandad live on a farm and have a huge lawn. Hope the weather is fine so the kids can rough and tumble out there. Otherwise our 2 will deafen us in minutes with their squealing.

Woo Hoo ... I did a pile of ironing today. I know ... this is major. Tess, the lady that comes to clean for me and do my ironing twice a week, is on holiday for 4 weeks!!! She did say her friend (read cousin there!!) would come and do it while she was away, but she never showed up yesterday. So I'll pay myself the money and do it, then at the end of the 4 weeks I will go clothes shopping. I hate clothes shopping, but it's got to be done. I seriously need some new clothes that fit properly. Must say though, that I am not as efficient as Tess, because I have to run round after the kids, etc. So what normally takes her 4 hours is going to take me 2 days I think :-) Does that mean I should get paid more? LOL (Might have to suggest that to Lyndon hehehe)

That's about it really. Hope you all have a great rest of the week :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Lyndon coming home - it must be so hard to have him gone a lot of the time! But, Pangkor Island Beach resort looks fab you lucky girl! and a trip back home too! excellent!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for having hubby home! I don't know how you cope with him gone, you're a saint!
Your holiday sounds awesome ... mmm, I could definitely go a Beach Resort right about now! ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

We love Pangkor Island Beach Resort. We use to go there every year, except last (my kids went with my sister, though)as we were away for the Hajj. Enjoy it! I love the Ocean Wing, much nicer than the other blocks.

fulltime mom

Penny said...

it looks so so nice! have a great time, and hopefully a relaxing one too. :) Could do with a dose of beach time myself...

I should see if I can convince the public library to get some of those books... seeing as I am friendly with the acquisition librarian and all. It might work ;) Heh heh.

I seriously need new clothes too. My skirts are all hipsters and below and it looks silly but I've just not had the spare cash/time to get stuff. I dislike clothes shopping. I made myself a new skirt with some cool tree applique on it, but the material was so old (from somebody's stash) that it was ripped by the end of the day. I was gutted. I'm going to cut off the applique but I'll have to find some new material and re-make the skirt. Some time. When I get a spare hour or so. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Well at least you look like you need to go shopping for smaller clothing, rather than bigger clothing, so that is pretty cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Great list Rachel. I admire you, I dont know if I could look after two young children with my DH being away so frequently. You do an awesome job. Enjoy the family time away, will be thinking of you all on Friday at 11.I love the Life Artist book, so pleased that you are enjoying it thus far.