Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A couple of LO's

Did these LO's with papers and bits and bobs from Scrap-n-Crop. My scrapping is so all over the place! A recent photo of the kids in the angels LO, then pics from last Christmas, and I was looking at Maddison's album the other day and I have hardly done any pages of her past 6 days of age, there's some more recent photos been scrapped, but nothing much in between! Ahhh so much to scrap and not enough motivation or time! heheehe


Angels - yeah right!! Well that's why I go by the name Wishful Thinking I suppose! LOL Can you tell that I didn't have any chipboard L's left? Had to improvise with a 7. After I did it I showed Lyndon and I said can you tell and he said "Yes, of course I can"!! Huh, I thought I was being rather clever! :-} It's a pretty simple LO as the paper is really pretty, has glittery stars on it and I didn't want to take away from that too much. I used Stickles on the white border of the photo, the edge of the wings and on the exclamation mark. Oh and I so love the glimmer mist. It's so easy and fun to use :-)


This Christmas LO I used 2 pp's and put them on a vanilla coloured piece of Bazzill to frame them. Inked the edges of everything with Rangers Distress Fired Brick ink. This page is for our family album. I have actually scrapped pages for both the kids albums for last Christmas, they are the ones I submitted to CK mag in July and I still haven't heard anything. Wonder how long they take to let people know! It's a pretty long shot they will use mine, but worth a try. Will blog them once I know if they are interested or not.


All Materials from Scrap-n-Crop unless stated:
Angels LO
PP - Autumn Leaves - Rhonna Farrer Glittery Night
Cardstock- Bazzill
Memories Mists - Bright Gold, Sparkling Silver
American Craft Thickers, Maya Road Chipboard wings, Stickles
(from my stash - Chipboard letters (not sure of brand), Ribbon, Staple)
Christmas LO
PP - Autumn Leaves - Rhonna Farrer Crimson Swirl & Glitter Swirl
Cardstock - Bazzill - Vanilla Bean, Limeade
Ranger Distress Ink - Fired Brick
Stamp - Teresa Collins "Take Note"
Buttons
(from my stash - Ribbon, Foam tape, Copper metallic pen, Kindy Glitz Crystalina)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful layouts Rachel. Really like that top paper.....

Anonymous said...

Lovely layouts ... your "7" looks cool! LOL :-) I think all mums want to be able to use "angels" as a title on a layout ... of course we know the REAL truth, but no harm in pretending, eh? Wishful thinking or not, your kids are cute and certainly look the part!

Penny said...

LOL at Hannah's comment! :)

I think the 7 looks great - a little bit of funky (like a tongue in cheek wink) in a sentimental title :-)

LOs are great! So funny those 2 monkeys of yours.

Anonymous said...

Great layouts Rachel! I think using the 7 as an L is cool. I quite often use 3's as E's and U's as N's etc. Gotta so what a girls gotta do, to get the title you need!

Anonymous said...

Yes you can tell it's a 7 not an L - but it looks cool - if you hadn't pointed it out we all would have thought you did it intentionally!!LOL Soooo...shush next time!! Love the Xmas layout - I'm a sucker for Xmas!!