Monday, September 15, 2008

Photos, Photos & More Photos!!!

Okay, I have culled my photos from 599 to 452. But there is probably more I could delete, but I don't want to. I just never know when I might need them!! heehee

So here's a snippet of what we saw & did (yeah - just a snippet only 29 photos! LOL)

On the drive there we past acres and acres of palm oil trees. This truck was loaded with the nuts from the palm trees. Next pic was a really nice stretch of straight road, big plantations each side. 3rd, 4th and 5th photos are from taken from this humongous bridge we crossed over and all we could see was palm plantations and water, and a few dwellings right on the banks of the river. (The water was filthy!)







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The ferry took about half an hour to get to the island. Maddison amused herself for a bit of the trip playing with a little battery fan that Aaron picked up at the local market! Wish I got a photo of this monkey showing his teeth (they were terrible!). We were out on our balcony soon after we arrived watching the monkeys up on the roof of the other units and getting into the rubbish bins and he spotted us and climbed right up! I was a bit scared that he would bite and every time I opened the balcony door he would make a move towards it, close it and he'd sit back down. So we just had to wait until he moved back onto the edge of the balcony then we scampered back inside. The monkeys here are so ugly, there's nothing cute about them!

Late Friday afternoon we went to the beach. I put togs on Aaron because I knew he wouldn't be able to resist the water. I should have known that Maddison would do exactly what he did! Anyway just shrugged my shoulders and thought, oh well her clothes will wash! heehee
They had a great time. Maddison hadn't been to a beach before, so the taste was all new and exciting! The locals get such a shock at what she puts in her mouth, but I figured sand was pretty tame compared to her taking her shoes off and chewing them!





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sunset from Friday ... taken while we where having tea. This was just the start of the sunset photos! Also saw lots of geckos and it wasn't until I downloaded this photo to the computer that I realised this little fellow had a "new" tail. Most of the ones we saw weren't that big, maybe around 10cm, there was one near our door that would have been close to 20cm I reckon, but he was too quick for me to get a photo.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There were heaps of hornbills. Such funny looking birds. We saw a younger one, about the size of the adults but he had fuzzy feathers on the top of his head. heheee (like bed hair!)
Most of Saturday was spent on the beach. I wished I had made the kids wear their hats! They lasted about 4 minutes, so frustrating. Might have saved the sunburn a bit!!



















.
.
.
.
.
Tea on Friday night ... and a pic of us taken on Saturday night. Did it on auto timer with the camera on the TV, so the kids are staring at the TV not the camera!
So that's it. Now I need to choose which photos to get printed for my mini album :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss M looks so cute in her baby crocs, so cute and she must love them. Some great shots there Rachel, laughng at how many you have culled and how many more you might need.Eeeeks at the wildlife right on your doorstep though.

Mrs Frizz said...

Awesome pics ... please tell me Maddison is NOT drinking sea water in one of the last pics ... ewwwwwhhhhh! Love the shot of her lying on the sand looking up at you taking the pic ... pass on some of the wildlife ...

Anonymous said...

You sure have culled a lot ... but you have a lot left!! These ones are gorgeous, I love the ones of Maddison, she is just so photogenic. And the one of the 2 kids that you have as your blog header is GORGEOUS!! Definitely scrap that one :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, What gorgeous photos, cant believe how much your little darlings have grown, looks like you had an awesome time. Love looking at your blog, do it often but sorry I dont get to comment very often. Cheers Christine

Anonymous said...

What a great holiday - can I just say I am STILL really JEALOUS!!
My fav phot is Madison on her tummy in sand - soooo cute!

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

i envy ya...except for 2 years in australia, i have lived in malaysia all my life and never even beein to pangkor!!!