Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bit of a tidy up ... then a LO

Okay, only going to show 1 end of our computer room/scrap space for now :-) Didn't get my desk tidied up in the end, made a start then realised I hadn't done a LO for a challenge I really wanted to do at Scrap-n-Crop's forum. I've missed the last 3 so really wanted to do this one.

So here's my shelving unit (Ikea again! - love that place) and it is actually much tidier although the photos probably don't show it, but it's organised for me! haha I bought the baskets for the bottom shelves yesterday and one has toys in it for Maddison (rather than in a spare rubbish bin!) and another basket has craft stuff for Aaron (colouring in books, punches, stickers etc.).


I need to get a shelf above my desk so I can put my finished crafty pieces on rather than up in front of my magazines (makes it hard to get to the mags).

The moderators challenge for August at Scrap-n-Crop's forum was "Thankful". So I decided to do a page for my Book of Me of Lyndon and the kids.




.

Journaling reads:

"I'm thankful for a lot of things, but especially for you 3. Love this photo of you all, taken on Maddison's 1st birthday - Lyndon helping Maddison open her presents and Aaron so excited by it all and just taking over! :-)"

Materials:

Patterned Paper - Basic Grey 2 Scoops range

Cardstock - Bazzill

Rubons - Mayaroad (clock), Heidi Swapp (Thankful letters)

Inkssentials white pen

Buttons, rickrak

Ranger Distress ink - Shabby Shutters

Double side foam tape

All product from Scrap-n-Crop (except Heidi Swapp rubons - been in my stash for about 5 years! and Bazzill cardstock - from my scraps bin, foam tape from my stash).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shelves look great - very tidy!

And that layout is gorgeous, I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Great to see a layout not for PSA! Very nice! nice to get a sneak peek of Lyndon too.
Baskets look good in shelving unit - and I spy some familiar looking plastic drawers there(did you get them back here in NZ or over there?!)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of the ikea. Hey Rachel I loved loved loved what you did for your last entry for PSA it was gorgeous and stunning beyond words.

Penny said...

I want me an IKEA.

Lovely LO - lots of neat detail there!