Friday, September 5, 2008

Random Bits and Pieces

Okay this is just a random muddly sort of post, with some things and photos I want to share with you.

First up, check out Project Scrap Away's blog for their "mini challenge #3" It closes on 9 September, and there are RAKS to be won :-) Add their blog to your bloglines or reader so you can keep up with their challenges, cause they have another one starting soon called "facelift me" (no not me personally - although I could probably do with it - but their blog). You don't have to live in Malaysia to join their challenges, so go for it :-)

Here's some photos of the kids ... mainly Maddison ... just because :-)

Lover of shoes!!!



This photo makes me laugh ... so typical. Aaron opening his birthday present from Grandad and Grandma and not letting Maddison touch, so of course she gets upset!

Maddison in her little 1 piece suit that I think Aunty Kate gave her? Fits really good. She was funny when I first put it on because she hasn't worn anything with long sleeves before LOL, kept tugging at them. :-)




And that's Aaron Boone (cousin to Daniel Boone!)











Pictures tell the story here! :-)







Cheeky Monkey in the basket!









These photos of Maddison in the little denim pinafore were taken this afternoon. She looks so cute in it.


I have made the decision not to fly home for Grandads funeral. Can't say I am totally satisfied with that, but there you go. It's just too far for such a short time and I could only go for 2 and a half days and by the time we'd be coming home Maddison would just be getting her time clock sorted. So will give it a miss, as much as I'd love to be there. Lyndon was going to have the week off to look after Aaron, but that means I'd have to be back next Saturday. I could go for longer and take both kids, but I really don't think I am up to dealing with both of the little darlings on my own. Aaron is terrible at just running off, (he nearly needs a collar and chain sometimes!) and now whatever he does Maddison isn't far behind. I live in hope of the day when I say "Aaron come here please" and he will run to me not away from me! (The easiest way I have for dealing with this now is just saying "okay Aaron, Mummy's going now, bye". And he runs to me yelling "Nooooo Wait Mummy, WAIT". But don't want to risk that in a large, busy, and unknown to me, airport thanks!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment!
I have the same trouble with my Jack (he is nearly 3) just running off! I can't take him anywhere - it is so frustrating and scary! Even if I take him to the playground he will run from me rather than playing, he doesn't even come back if I say bye! So we just don't go anymore until he grows out of this stage anyway!
Take care
Kim

Anonymous said...

cute photos Rachel. Sorry you can't make it home, but it's a long way to come for a short period of time. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

You've made the right decision not to go to the funeral - I'm sure your grandad would understand.

Mrs Frizz said...

Great pics of the children ... cutie patooties - both of them.

Hopefully Lyndon is back home and can be with you - so that you have each other when Grandad's funeral service is being held - does that make sense? IYKWIM ...

Take care.