Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandad


My Grandad passed away during the night. He was 91, so he'd had a pretty good innings. I was trying to think of the last time I saw him and I think it was in March 2006. Aaron was 6 months old.
So the end of an era ... Lyndon and I have no living grandparents left now :-(
The last few weeks have been a bit rough actually, there have been so many loved ones in our family circle and amongst our friends that have gone to their reward and we just seem sooooo far away.
I discovered this morning when I was having a wee "eye cleansing" session at breakfast that my children are not the sensitive type! (I was fine until I got a text from a dear friend here that said she was thinking of me and she didn't even know that Grandad had passed away). Tears didn't make the slightest bit of difference to the kids behaviour! Aaron continued to grumble and complain and grizzle about not wanting his breakfast and Maddison just kept squealing. So basically I just joined in for a bit! :-}
Anyway I am feeling much better now and am really looking forward to Sunday when Lyndon gets home :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww cyber Hugs Rachel I am so sorry to hear about your grandad, he looks gorgeous in that photo. What a grand age, but I feel for you, being so far away and not being there with family. I say good on you for an eye cleansing session. Hugs xxoo

Anonymous said...

Well your PSA project was my fav!! but, hey it's all subjective! congrats on your design team news; but, sorry to hear about your grandad; as you say, the end of an era! bummer that Lyndons not there yet - you need big hugs!thinking of you...

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your Grandfather
Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sorry to hear about your grandad, I did try to phone you but you are obviously out. So hard for you when you are so far away. Thinking of you and lots of hugs and kisses from us Christine and Austin

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Rachel. Sometimes an "eye cleansing session" is just what you need ... (((Hugs)))

Penny said...

Hey babe... I'm sorry to hear about your g-dad. Seems like a lot we've had lots of folks moving to the "upstairs accommodation" lately. I think it's ten times worse when you're so far away and you don't get the chance to chat about them and go to funerals.

Go ahead and have as many eye cleansing sessions as you need.

{{{{HUGS}}}} Roll on Sunday eh.

Mrs Frizz said...

Memories are for ever Rachel and for ever you will cherish them.

A special pic of your Grandad and wee man.