Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Woo Hoot Wednesday


I just can't believe Wednesday's come round so jolly quick! So ... Janine's Woo Hoot Wednesday. On my list is: -
.
2 more sleeps till Lyndon's home.
.
16 more sleeps till we leave for our holiday (those 16 sleeps are going to go real fast I think!!).
.
Maddison has added a new word to her vocab ... "carcar" which is cracker :-) So she says Muuuuuummmmmmmmm (I presume that's my name LOL), Dada, sh's (shoes), carcar (cracker), claps her hands when you say good girl. I think that's all.
.
Hearing Aaron singing a Barney song while sitting on the potty on Monday night. I was in Maddison's room feeding her and putting her to bed, so I couldn't grab the video camera, but it was so cute. This is what he sung (in his words!):
.
I wuf you, You wuf me
We a happy fambily
A big hug and kiss from you and me
Won't you say wuf me toooooooo
I wuf you, You wuf me
We best friends like friends be
With big hug and kiss from you and me
Won't you say wuf me toooooo
.
:-) Cute huh ? I had a wee tear in my eye actually. He didn't get all the words, but it's pretty much all there. And what made it extra special was he sang it loud and clear (obviously his dummy wasn't in his mouth!) LOL
.
Tonight when Maddison gave him a hug goodnight he put his arm around her and said in a wee whisper "I love you Maddison". And of course no camera anywhere in sight! :-( Might have to have it ready next time.
.
I finished a mini album of our trip to the butterfly park and altered a Maya Road chipboard tin to put it in.
.
Completed a LO for Kinda Sweet which I will blog about later this week or next. :-)
.
Aaron sort of co-operated today while we went through his clothes to see what he can wear when we are back in NZ. It won't be winter there, but will still be colder than here. You can tell he's so happy to have long trousers on and a jacket! LOL Had to have the aircon on so he didn't sweat :-) Anyway he was really quite good in the fact that I managed to get him to try on 6 pairs of trousers a couple of shirts, a vest, couple of jackets and a suit :-) Looks so happy doesn't he!!! hehehehee
This little suit is so cute. Lyndon bought it earlier in the year when he went to India. It's corduroy! Not what one would wear here, but anyway it fits him so he can wear it now and again when we are back in NZ for 3 weeks :-) I need to get the trousers taken up, but otherwise it fits fine.
And Little Miss had to try the tie on :-) NICE, especially matches the Bob the Builder hat she has in her hand LOL
Went grocery shopping this morning at the local supermarket and found this neat tin of "carcar's" :-) I love fancy decorated tins, so another one to add to my collection :-) I like shopping at the local supermarket too, because I can walk there, bring back frozen and breakable goods and the rest get delivered free of charge later in the day :-)

Enjoyed watching Maddison play this afternoon in my plastics cupboard! She loves hats! Check out her beautiful dummy clip. LOL She's a little pest chucking it away then screaming because she can't find it, so this way at least it has something bright and long on it that can be seen if it's under the couch!

This isn't part of my woo hoot list ... but the day ended like this! Aaron had been sitting on the potty in front of his bookcase reading books (nightly ritual!) and I was doing the dishes. After a bit he scampered out and grinned at me! I was very cross!! His face was WHITE! Yep, he'd been into the talcum powder! I grabbed the camera to get a pic of him, but he dived into his bed and wiped it all off on the sheets! Like the trail of footprints out the door?!!

Here's my album & tin. It's pretty simple, but it's done :-) (2 more mini albums to go before I go on holiday!!)






Maddison checking out the tin! Don't tell me she's going to be into handbags as well as hats and shoes! :-)
.
I haven't added much journalling to the album as it's pretty self explanatory. Tried to use gold pen, but it didn't show up very well, so used black. Need to get a fine black pen I think! Also see I have missed some bling of a couple of small butterflies so will have to go and do that. :-) Oh and I want to alcohol ink the silver ring for the album. It doesn't look good silver!
.
So that's our day done and dusted. And I think I will head to bed for an early night (well early for me!). Got a better sleep last night, Maddison did wake a couple of times, but settled again which was nice :-)
.
Materials (from Scrap-n-Crop unless otherwise stated):
Tin:
Empty Maya Road Chipboard Tin
Maya Road Butterfly from Butterflies chipboard sheet
Adirondack Colour Wash - Cranberry
Maya Road Mist - Brown
Prima Flowers
Alcohol inks - cranberry, lettuce, caramel, gold
Gold brads (my stash)
Album:
Maya Road Butterfly Coaster album
Adirondack Colour Wash - Cranberry
Maya Road Mist - Brown
Stewart Superior Metallic Mist - Bright Gold
Maya Road Butterflies from Butterflies chipboard sheet
Metal Golden Victorian Filigree Butterfly
Hero Arts gemstones (my stash)
PSX Gold alpha stickers (my stash ... really really old stash!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

missing you guys, see you in weekend xx

Anonymous said...

great list. Awwww at Lyndon leaving you a message thats so cute and romantic. Love that suit that Aaron is wearing he looks so grown up and sophisiticated in it. I hate to tell you this Rachel but I do think Miss M could be a hat and shoe and bag kind of a girl lol.

Penny said...

Well Maddison and Lydia can go shopping together because she is a hat, shoes and handbag girl too. LOL!

So cute about Aaron "wuv"ing his fambily. :) Melts your heart to hear it. His suit is very swish!

The tins look kewl! And the cacka tin too; I have a ANZAC one I filched from Mum once she'd done with it. It has poppies on it (neenar neenar neenar!).

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

woooooo hoooooooo and becks can join her too!!! handbag and shoes, that is! and wow oh wow, you do make albums pretty fast!