Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday's Monkeys!!

Ahh I've had some laughs today! Lyndon went to work this morning and flew in the door while we were just sitting down for lunch, grabbed his suitcase, said goodbye, and was off out the door again. He's off to Taiwan this week. Anyway, as soon as the door closed Aaron starts asking "where's Daddy?" (this is a pretty standard question and I get asked it several times a day! yawn yawn!) So I explained he was going in a taxi to the airport, then going in a big plane to Taiwan for work. I showed him on the world map we have on the wall by the table, "here's Taiwan, and here's where we live in Kuala Lumpur and Daddy's flying all the way from here to there". Sat back down and ate a bit of lunch and get the same question again "where's Daddy?" "Aaron, I already told you, Daddy has gone in a big plane to Taiwan". "Noooo Mummy, Daddy in Koala Bear!" LOL actually I nearly fell of my seat laughing. I had to explain it wasn't "koala bear", it was Kuala Lumpur, but he was very sure I was wrong and he was right! Oh to be the age of 3 and know everything!!! :-)

Yesterday afternoon before he had his sleep he was mucking about in the computer room and I got of the computer to go and check on Maddison and I come back to find he's opened up google and typed in his name and has done a jolly google search on Aaron! So proud of himself he was. I think I have a bruise on my jaw where it hit the floor. Will have to get a photo of him doing it I think so I can scrap it. Little smarty pants. What's he going to be like in another 3 years!!! He'll run rings around me ... I am getting nervous already!!!!

Anyway, back to today. The morning involved several big train crashes ...

And in the afternoon while Aaron was at school, there were new hats to try on.
And finish demolishing the train set while big brother is at school. (Cheeky monkey!)

Then at tea, Aaron decided his spaghetti would make good train tracks on the table, so in between eating every second one, he was laying them out on the table!!

Maddison just stuffed as much as she could in her mouth at once! (I have a series of these photos, I won't blog them all as they aren't pretty ... but I am going to scrap them, particularly the one near the end where she's gagging!) heheheee She's going to hate me later in life! :-)

After tea I rebuilt the train wreck to a smaller model on the table. His nibs declared it a "Good Job Mummy"!! :-) (I am useful for some things!) heheee


This afternoon when I took Aaron to school I got given the invoice for next term and told that Aaron's moving up a class, he'll still be doing the afternoon session though. So I asked who else in his class was moving and got told they all are, but they have all been moved to the morning session! I was a bit stunned actually and felt it really mean that he had been left in the afternoon and all his little friends had moved to the morning. So went home and phoned his little girl friends Mum and spoke to Lyndon and ended up going back an hour later and asking for clarification on a few matters!! Feel better now that I know why they did that ... all the other kids were on a waiting list to be moved into a morning session, the decision wasn't made because Aaron was "special, or difficult, or busy"!! :-) So will wait and see what the other kids are going to do. If he's the only one staying in the afternoon session of his group of friends then I think I will move him to the morning session. But at this stage I think his little girlfriend is going to stay in the afternoon session too. So I'm pleased about that. Afternoon's suit me fine at the moment :-) He will have a new teacher next year too. He knows who she is though, so won't be a huge change for him which is good.
So that's been our day. I haven't done very much on the scrap front today, but I did get a bit done on Saturday. Can't show you yet though. Nah Nah Nah :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL ... "Koala Bear" ... that's gorgeous! You have to scrap that convo!
Good on your for going back to the school and asking those questions. It's much better to be upfront and express concerns than to "assume" they have made decisions for other reasons (like because your child is "special" or "difficult"). Hopefully Aaron will have friends staying in his class, or he will be able to move up as well!

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing at the google search, clever monkey!!

Penny said...

So you live in Koala Bear eh :) No wonder it is hot - all that fur.

He cracks me up with his google searching! Time to activate the NetNanny ;)

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG - he is googling already and at his age ... scary stuff.

Now I quite simply adore the pic of little Miss M with her green hat on ... how colour co-ordinated is that ???

Darla said...

I can't believe Aaron Googled his name! That is great! Made me laugh.