Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can he read my mind???

I have some conversations to share with you today ... and I really would like to know if Aaron can read my mind (a very scary thought!!).


Both kids had a sleep this morning :-) Woo Hoo. I had to wake Aaron at 1pm so he could have lunch before going to school.

When I picked him up at 4.30pm he was fair bouncing off the walls! Total SUGAR overload! A little girl in his class had her birthday party today ... hummm I didn't see the cake, but I saw the effects! You should have seen what was in his goodie bags!!! (he got 2 - stickers, pencil and rubber, mask, lollies, crackers and some little jelly things and another bag with about 4 biscuits and mini cupcakes covered in chocolate.) Well he was just SOOOO excited that I let him have a cupcake and a cracker and put the rest up out of his reach, but the damage had already been done!

I was lying on the couch just looking at him running here and there, getting into this and that thinking I really should get tea on the go and he runs up to me with Cranky the Crane from his Thomas set, puts Cranky on my tummy and says "Mummy", "yes Aaron", "Cranky Crane - are you cranky?"!!!!! I just snorted with laughter and said well actually yes I am! LOL

Then during tea I was in my own little space thinking of a blog title for todays post and was thinking along the lines of "Tuesday's T i grr grr ific Bounce" (you have to spell that like Tigger does T i double Grr :-) !!) when Aaron pipes up and says "bounce, bounce, bounce, Mummy - Tigger's bouncing on his tail!"

So can he really read my mind??? It's a worrying thought!

And yes there's more ... while I was doing the dishes he was marching about with a whistle and he'd blow it then say "STOP you toys in the name of Aaron", then he'd march a bit more and blow the whistle again and say "STOP you trains in the name of Aaron". Oh I did laugh. That is a direct quote from Mr Plod from Noddy - he blows his whistle and says "Stop in the name of Plod". LOL I will have to get a photo of him marching and blowing for a scrapbook page I think :-)

Here's a pic of him today ... his teacher told me she was very very proud of him because he concentrated long enough to string together these small beads for an ankle bracelet! (usually he's too busy looking around at what everyone else is doing and giving them helpful advice hahahaa) He thought he was pretty cool. (You should have seen him singing and doing the actions for `here we go Loopy Loo, here we go Loopy Lie, ... you put your right foot in, you put your right foot out ... etc'. All to show off that ankle. LOL)


So that's our day. And tomorrow at school there's more cake and goodies, so help me! I am going to need some happy pills! It's exhausting watching him tear about! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugar and little kids is so shocking at times and worse than an addict on crack. At least you know its temporary. Thats a lot of stuff in the goody bag though foodwise. Great little titles though lol

Anonymous said...

Ugh, don't you just hate the after effects of a sugar overload?! Horrid! But like Janine says at least it won't last forever ;-)

Mrs Frizz said...

Wonder what he will think of that pic with his anklet on ... when he looks at his 21st birthday pic board ... ROFLMAO.

Sugar overload ... scary!!!

Penny said...

eeeek! Some of those loot bags need to be censored ;)

Think you better get into them too, in the interests of sanity!

Liza said...

Awww he's soo cute!!