Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shattered ...

That's the only word for me today! I am completely, utterly, totally shattered! I've had about 3 hours sleep last night thanks to our little darling girl! I think I need to have a major nana nap on the couch. Don't know what her problem was, but she had about 3 hours up playing last night. She finally settled to sleep about 2.45am! Then woke again at 6am, but I fed her and she slept again till 8am so that wasn't so bad. Aaron however was up and about at 7am so I didn't even get to go back to sleep properly. Sigh ...


Maddison has gone back to bed now though and while Aaron is playing with my button jars (seeing how tall he can stack them! Hopefully they won't break!) I'll do a quick update here.

Monday morning (real early ... like 1am) Lyndon flew to Korea for the week. We had plans to go to the park & feed the turtles in the morning with Aaron's little girlfriend (Yara) from school, but the morning didn't suit them, and Maddison was real grumpy. So put her back to bed and Aaron and I played with Thomas, read and watched Noddy!!

During lunch Aaron kept telling me that Yara and Senna (Yara's little sister) were coming. Hummmm ... what to do! So after sms'ing back and forwards we decided they would come over to our place and play in the playground in the afternoon. But you guessed it, it poured with rain. So 3 little girls and one over excited crazy little boy stuck inside makes for a very noisy and messy affair :-) Was fun watching them play (and fight!!) though.

Here they are having their drink & snack :-) And no Aaron isn't holding Yara's hand, he's trying to take the little teddy off her!!


Here they are playing with Aaron's animal flash cards. We were chuckling away to ourselves at the sounds they were making and Aaron correcting Yara everytime she got the animal the slightest bit wrong! She speaks Dutch as well as English though, so I suspect some of the animal names she was using were Dutch, but Aaron was saying "no, no, Yara, it's a .... ". Snigger.


Not sure what we are going to do this afternoon. Might go to the playground if it stays fine. Thursday morning we are hoping to go to the park with Yara & Senna and feed the turtles, they haven't been there before so that will be fun.

Okay, better go and sort something out for lunch. Before I do though - Wishing a very happy birthday to two very special ladies :-) I won't mention your names here! hehehe Hope you are having/had a great day :-)

5 comments:

Penny said...

hope you get some sleep today then!

Cute piccies. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ... great start to your week without Lyndon! hope you catch up on some sleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some sleep today and it sounds like they had a wonderful playdate today.

Anonymous said...

Heck, only 3 hours sleep ... and no hubby around to help! EEEK! I hope you can catch up somehow, somewhere, sometime.
On a more positive note, how cute are those 4 kids together? Sounds like they enjoyed their indoor playdate :-)

Darla said...

UGH! So sorry! I would be an emotional wreck! I am so glad I have Gramma and Papa here...only 5 miles away. Those kids sure are cute!