Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday & a Visit to SnC

Today Scrap-n-Crop hosted their first private crop party at their new "Scrap.Abode". :-) Val was very kind and asked me to come along as well (even though I had the kids in tow! Brave isn't she! LOL) I had several reasons to go :-) I had completed these layouts of the kids at our first visit to SnC's new store using the Creative Imaginations Helen Dardik range of papers and gave them to Val to display in her shop. Had some orders I had made on-line to collect. Wanted to sneak a peak and some new goodies that aren't on line yet (hehehee). And Val had asked me to do a demo at the Crop.

Materials (all from Scrap-n-Crop):
Helen Dardik Cutie Pie range of papers (pretty much used a bit of every bit of paper from the range)
Bazzill Cardstock
Maya Road Chipboard letters; Maya Road Scroll Frame Keychain set (sheer); Prima Time Felt Alphas Brown; Making Memories paint; Glossy Accents; Button; foam tape.



Todays event was a Mantra Crop Party and idea was to create a canvas with your mantra. Val asked me to demo doing mod podge serviettes and stamping on canvas, that was pretty easy ;-) I took the highchairs for the kids and plonked them in front of a Donald Duck dvd :-) hehee so didn't have to have eyes in every which direction while I was supposed to be talking sense LOL Won't show you what I did yet (mainly because I haven't finished it!!) Not sure when I will actually as I have heaps to do before we go on holiday.

Anyway, Penny (Val's sister) had done a beautiful job of the decorations and my photos don't really do it justice. Here's the table with pretty bling dangles hanging from the lights.



Close up :-)

Delicious cake and bickies :-)


Fancy that ... I managed to avoid getting in the photos (snigger!) That's Val (SnC owner) second from left :-)

Val's kids Bryant & Becks were away swimming in the morning, but they arrived back in the afternoon and it was so cute watching Maddison and Becks hug each other. (Of course I ran to get camera and they had stopped and wouldn't do it again! Well not until I'd put the camera down and had moved away from it!)


I love this photo - Maddison is trying to talk to Bryant and Aaron is watching on :-) Bryant is blind and deaf, so not sure what he thought about this little heffalump putting her weight on his chest!

Aaron's adjusting the pillows for Bryant.



And of course I couldn't not show you some of my new goodies :-) Last Friday SnC had a 10-10 promotion (you can read about it here). Was too good a bargain to miss :-) I will have fun playing with that lot :-)

On the home front - Lyndon left this morning for Indonesia (back Friday). School is back this week :-) Although Aaron didn't go today as we didn't get home till 3pm and it was a tad late to be dropping him off! Both kids had their hair cut tonight! I don't consider myself a hairdresser by any means, but Aaron's is easy as I just hoon over his head with the clippers several hundred times till it looks sort of even (LOL), Maddison however is a different story! She wiggles!!! LOTS!!!! Her fringe has been in her eyes now for a while (actually it had gotten past her eyes) and it's a pest, both to her and me! So while she was standing in the bath looking at Aaron I grabbed the scissors and made a few little snips. Didn't get a photo tonight ... maybe tomorrow. It looks sort of okay, but it's not perfect! Oh well it will grow quick enough!

6 comments:

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

the kiddoes really look pretty loving dont they? thanks heaps for being demonstrator and camera woman as well...don't tell penny cuz she says i am a slave driver!!! thank goodness you didnt bake...or else I am most certainly slave driver!!! lol

penelope haque said...

excuse me! Penny read that ^.
and she sure is a slave driver.
Rachel, thanks for taking my decor!!!
and yes, the kids are sooooo adorable ... of course Rachel's photos are amazing too.

Serene Ho said...

Hi Rachel!
thanks for sharing about SnC!
Love the pictures of your children with Bryant!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun time was had by all. Laughing at the hairdressing skills, you need to do a layout on that. Love Aarons jigsaw and didn't it look like he had fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Looks like you guys had so much fun @ SnC! thanks for the sneak peak of the store! :)

Penny said...

Great work woman :)

Looks like a fun time had by all - looking forward to seeing your creation for the demo.

L has exactly the same dress as Maddison! And the same hair problem. I'm going to have to trim hers too - she won't wear clips.

Good lookin' stash there ;) I've some of those Prima flowers too, but different colours.

Hoping we can catch up when you're here... as you say, might have to be after Wed night! Oh, and don't worry about the tracks etc this time.