Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wednesday Fun

Day started with a beaut sunrise.
Cloudy and raining early evening though! It was a good friend of ours birthday, so 7 of us picked her up after work in Mum & Dad's van and went off for an "adventure" heheeee We didn't tell her where we were going! She was just told to bring her gumboots and swimming togs LOL
.
(Just a side note ... her name is Roanna, but Aaron calls her "Aunty Roady-Ranna" hehehehee ... no idea how he got that pronunciation!) ;-)
.
So our driver (Dad) took us to this charming spot :-) Mum had a bit of struggle to open the gates as it was a bit windy. This is were the gumboots were needed. :-)

We had sausages, onions, tomatoes and eggs on the camp fire (no power at this spot of paradise). Had to put the fire in a place out of the rain and where it wasn't so windy!

Inside the hut we could see by the light of this lovely old lamp and some candles.

We got a bit carried away while tea was cooking playing pass the parcel and forgot about the eggs LOL

Helping the kids to eat their tea ... you can tell Aaron has had fun writing on the windows!

After tea we headed back to Mum and Dad's and had some more fun. We were given fancy hats to wear and for some reason I was given this beautiful red head piece! LOL

Roanna with her cake. Glow in the dark candles and other special decorations LOL

Cake was delicious ... Maddison ate all her piece and most of Aaron's while he was dancing around being silly!!
After the kids were in bed we had a soak in the hot tub :-)
.
So that was our day. We had fun helping Roanna celebrate. :-)
.
I have FINISHED my bits and bobs for Scrap-n-Crop's August kit of the month :-) (I had a very late night last night and finished it off this afternoon). I managed to get 7 LO's out of this kit, only have a few scraps left!
.
Here's a few more sneaks of another couple of LO's.

I just love those little owl brads ... it's worth getting the kit just for them heheeee ;-)


Check the SnC gallery for all the sneaks.

4 comments:

Penny said...

mmm cake...

Hannah said...

What a lovely birthday surprise for your friend! I must say I was a bit baffled when I read that you told her to bring her togs ... it IS the middle of winter!! But then I read "hot tub" ... ah, it all makes sense now! Sounds like a fun day was had by all.

Serene Ho said...

my my ... the hair Rachel! LOL. You have to consider going brunette or redhead when you come back! Yummy food on the bbq. If I were the birthday girl, I would love it too!

topkatnz said...

Looks like you had a really fun time! you certainly are making the most of your holiday.