Thursday, May 19, 2011

SiL 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop - Mini Album

The last challenge for Scrap-it-Lah's 2nd anniversary blog hop is to create a mini-album using packaging! I went through my stash and pulled out this pile of packaging, some were bits I had saved, others still had the product in them :-)
.
In 2009 I made a little mini album with photos of the kids cousins. It's very out of date now, so I decided to do another one using pics from our holiday back to NZ in March/April. My finished album looks like this.
I painted the 3 pieces of Jenni Bowlin packaging with celery paint.

Decided I wouldn't use any patterned paper, just stickers, stamps, buttons, ribbons, rub-ons and tissue tape.
A few of the pages I actually glued together because I couldn't cover all the manufacturing info and I didn't want it showing. The page on the right was packaging from Cosmo Cricket and it had their name on the little red bracket which I cut around. I just covered it with a sticker. :-)

Sorry don't know why this is on it's side! You will just have to turn your head.









And of course my little stamp on the back :-)
Fun challenge ... wondered why I had kept all that packaging! Ha :-) Finished this album off this morning, so can't wait till the kids see it when they get home from school.
.
Thanks Scrap-it-Lah for the challenge and thanks everyone for visiting :-)
.

7 comments:

Yeong Shong said...

this is so so nice!!!!!
I have a bunch of packaging too...I have a habit of keeping these.....now I know what to do with them.,....

Shirl said...

The album looks so fun to make! I keep all my packaging too...but can you believe that I can't figure out what to do with them, and yet when I do, I can't bear to cut them up? LOL

Steeped in Beautea said...

beautiful album Rachel, really loved your cover and what a treasured gem this will be.

Amelia Khalik said...

Ooowwhhh this is a fab album!!! Great take on d challenge and i love those precious photos!!! Thanks for playing along with the blog hop. :)))

Mrs Frizz said...

brilliant wee album - saving packaging is good ... you just never know when you might find a use for it ... fabbo ...

cristmae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cristmae said...

Unique and artistic designs.! I like it so much. Wish I could buy that one printed with EPSON Ultra Premium Luster Photo PaperThank you for sharing with your adorable stuff.