Saturday, May 7, 2011

SIL 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop - Challenge No.6

I had some time today so decided I would try and complete a card for Scrap-it-Lah's 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop. This week Jessy has set the challenge of making a card using her handmade folded flower tutorial. Check out the challenge details here.
.
I got out all my circle punches (there are a few of them!) and ended up making 2 cards, one with scallop circles and one with plain circles.
.
I just used scraps from my patterned paper off cut stash :-) "I thought of you today" also uses Kaiser pearls, lace and a Printblocks stamp.


This card also has some trim on it and I have used a Tim Holtz die for the leaves.


Thanks for visiting :-)

6 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a clever idea to use the scallop circle to create the flower. Interesting cards! Love both the cards and thank u for playing along at SIL :)

Yeong Shong said...

there are so pretty....love it...

Mrs Frizz said...

your paper flowers are amazing ... like that look of them, and that lace for the stem ... very 'noice'.

Steeped in Beautea said...

pretty cards Rachel, love the colour combos and lace on anything looks beautiful.....love your layout below, great memory to record.

Shirl said...

Love the elegance of both cards, Rachel! I like the 2nd one especially, so clever to use the lace as the stem! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the first one =D