Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Outdated Transport"

I've been thinking a lot today of our family and friends in Christchurch (New Zealand) and all the effects the earthquakes today have and are having on them. So to keep myself occupied I decided to play with the Weekly Challenge that Iris posted on the Scrappin Studio Blog yesterday.
.
I don't have any Studio Calico things in my stash (yet! hehee), so just used what I had. Took inspiration from the beautiful LO that Iris showcased and decided to dig in my strap box and gathered up several off cuts of patterned paper, stickers, Scenic Route chipboard, tissue tape and a punch and just pasted and stuck. :-)

Here's a few closeups.



I did mist the white cardstock on the base - but most of it got covered up! The only thing "wrong" with doing a LO like this is even though it's using up my off-cut stash it's not helping me use up my even bigger stash of patterned paper hehee :-)
.
Another LO done for our holiday album.
.
Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Jaime Lee said...

Hi! Rachel, thank you for playing along with us at Scrappin Studio! I love your way of style, trying to get rid of all your leftover stash. Hope to see you around in SS Blog.

Penny said...

you've been busy. I really should do some scrapping - just don't feel like it right now. Hoping your peeps are ok?

Anonymous said...

Lyndon must be rapt with the fact he has been scrapped and features in a few layouts :-). Hope your friends and family in chch are okay. Love the outdated transport layout, great way to scrap a few photos. I admire the fact that you use up old scrapping supplies. 2009seemed like it was just yesterday.

Jessy Christopher said...

Loving the photos for sure! So cool to how you actually put them all in a fun layout!!