Sunday, February 6, 2011

Missing our visitors ...

Mum and Aunty Ruth left on Friday evening to head back to NZ. Aaron has asked several times yesterday and today how many sleeps till we go to New Zealand to stay at Grandma's house!! I am sure it has something to do with kittens!! (see below), as we haven't made any plans yet for a holiday back there.
.
I was extremely spoilt while Mum and Aunty were here as I only did the dishes a couple of times when they were with us! I can honestly say that after 2 days back doing dishes it wasn't something I missed at all!!
.
Yesterday morning I got breakfast for Aaron & Maddison while I got myself organised and got Samuel's breakfast and when I got back to the table I discovered them doing this ...

They had been and got their "babies". Aaron was 'breast feeding' his baby penguin! hahaa he told me it needed a lot of milk like Baby Samuel!

Too funny ... it's a keeper for his 21st I think! ;-) The logistics of breast feeding a penguin when they have a long beak is quite beyond me, but he seemed to be managing okay hehee I knew that the male penguin looks after the egg when it's hatched, but I didn't realise he had the task of breast feeding as well! ;-)
.
.
The kids have been saying some really funny things lately too, so thought I'd share them here.
.
Last week when we went to our friends place and the kids played with their dog, they kept going on afterwards about getting a pet (or 10)! Dogs, cats, kittens, elephants, rabbits and goodness knows what else were mentioned. Anyway Grandma told them it wasn't possible to have an elephant as a pet because they were too big and we live in an apartment. And she didn't think it was fair to have other smaller pets in an apartment either (which I totally agree with). She told them that when we came back to New Zealand to live she would get them some kittens!!! (which I totally don't agree with - those that know me know I am not really a cat person!). She got a horrified look from me I can tell you! The kids weren't listening to me though - they just grabbed the fact that Grandma was going to get them some kittens, so Aaron requested 10 and I can't remember how many Maddison wanted, but she wanted a purple one (probably a pink one as well!) and Aaron also wanted one to have blue stripes!! WHAT on earth!! I think they will have a long wait for kittens with those colour descriptions! Of course Mum thinks it's extremely funny and now I am left with two little darlings asking on a frequent basis about going back to NZ to live so Grandma can give them kittens! Sigh ... hopefully they will have forgotten Grandma's promise by the time we go back there to live!
.
.
On Tuesday Aaron had a school friend over to play and I overheard him telling him this: "I'm going back to New Zealand and I'm not coming back, because Grandma is getting me kittens and cats!!!"
.
.
On Wednesday Aaron went to play with his same friend and I asked him to eat a banana before he left so he would have plenty of energy! (I knew they were going to a playground at a mall). He ate half of it then told me he couldn't eat any more because his body was full of "injury" already! haahaa
.
.
Toilet training with Maddison is going very well, although there have been some accidents (both big and small!). But overall she's been excellent! She said to Grandma last week while sitting on the toilet "It's so much fun doing poo's on the toilet isn't it Grandma!" hahahaa
.
.
Tonight during dinner though was just classic. Lyndon and I struggled not to laugh out loud!
.
Maddison said that she was a Princess and Aaron was a Transformer. Lyndon said "what's Samuel". Both Aaron and Maddison thought about it and couldn't decide - Maddison said "he's just Baby Samuel"! So Lyndon said how about Samuel being Wall-E. Aaron thought that was a "great idea" (that's one of his favourite sayings at the moment). Then Aaron said "Daddy is Ben 10 and Mummy is Barbie!!" heheeheeheheheee ... (just excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing!) Lyndon and I just looked at each other gave a snigger and both started singing this song ... hummm wonder if Lyndon should be "Ken" hehehee
.
So now that you have that song running through your head I will change the subject!
.
.
Lyndon got out some of his robot toys to show the kids the last few days. Aaron has had a blast! There's 2 Lego robotics and one little blue robot which is really cute.

Samuel loves the little blue one, but every time Aaron is playing with the green Lego one and making it zoom all over the place, Samuel takes off after it. I must get it on video because it's really funny to watch hehee ;-)
Also thought I'd share what Mum bought back from Sri Lanka for the kids. Such cool puzzles and I love that they have their own wooden tray!
She bought me back this little collection ... the bag was hilarious - it's some pages from a British 1970's book about Gas Council Research Scholarships. They just taped a couple of pages together and waalah they have a recycled bag! :-)
Well that's about it from this neck of the woods. The kids are back at school tomorrow after a week's holiday for Chinese New Year. I am hoping that I can get some crafty stuff done! Fingers crossed anyway.
.
Thanks for visiting - hope you have a great week.

4 comments:

Serene Ho said...

So hilarious! You barbie? LOL! Love the breastfeeding part though. Glad everything is slowly getting back to routine :)

Penny said...

Gee thanks for that ear worm! NOT.
So funny about the bf-ing. I have a similar picture of Tim trying to feed Lydia.

Hope you and "Ken" are having so much fun... buahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

love the robots (I think MIke would love them too). BTW nice banner. Now the baby feeding was cute, I love how "A" still has the penguin. I have to say that image made me laugh out loud....ouch!!

As for the kittens ( I somehow don't think they will forget at all). Loved how you all have names, and Barbie I think you need to create a layout about that wee conversation.

Anonymous said...

Those wooden puzzles are SUPER cool!! And I have to say how smart & GROWN UP Aaron looks in that green shirt, he just looks about 2 years older all of a sudden! The robot Lego is fabulous, my boys would LOVE to have a play with that :-)