Monday, February 9, 2009

Vintage Chic

Last Saturday I attended a Crop.Arty at Scrap-n-Crop. Lots of fun, except we talked and ate far to much and I didn't get my 2nd card finished (let alone start on the 3rd one!!) Hahahaa
.
The theme was to "Impress" (chortle chortle) your loved one with a 3-D pop-up Vintage Chic V-Day Card this Valentine's Day... or, if you've ever wondered how those pop-up cards are made... well, join us to make stunning, whimsical, chic cards from vintage ephemera."
.
Lyndon was kind enough to look after the kids for me, even though he wasn't feeling 100%. So I had some "FREE" time lol ... it was lovely :-) I especially enjoy scrap shops when I don't have to watch 2 little pairs of hands (and sometimes teeth) getting into scrap stuff!!
.
I don't think I will be giving either of these cards to Lyndon though ... they aren't really his taste! LOL. But I had fun making them and playing about with all the different pop-ups.
.
1st Card - this shows it lying flat

And then it stands on the bottom piece which has the LOVE oval and ribbon on it in previous photo. The back of the card (sorry no photo) had a little tag which slotted in and you could write a message on that.
2nd card had a bookmark on the front which slotted in behind the clouds and lots of pop-ups in the inside.
The clouds were supposed to have lovely dovey wording on them, but I don't have many of those stamps at home and forgot to stamp them during class.


Look that that funky little heart the wee girl is holding. Cute huh.
And I see that you can order the class kit here if you are interested. :-) Loads of stuff in it ... I haven't even used a quarter of my kit. Might have to make some wee vintage chic valentine cards for Aaron to take to school with the rest of the kit heeheee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cards!! I doubt I've have the patience to make one like that. I definitely prefer doing layouts to making cards (although I DO have to make one for DH for V Day!!)

Penny said...

These are lovely Rachel :)

I think Rod would fall off his chair if I gave him a V day card...

Anonymous said...

I do like those vintage images they are so cute. eeeks I must make Mike a card.

Anonymous said...

greetings Rachel ... I have left an award for you over on my blog ... check it out ...

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage images ... especially the wee girl with her heart ... gorgeous details.