Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines bits & bobs

Friday the 13th!! We've had a nice day though :-) This morning I made a double batch of love heart shaped cookies. After lunch Maddison went to bed for a snooze and Aaron trotted off to school clutching 3 envelopes (sorry "memolopes" as he called them!) with valentines cards for his little girl friend :-) and his teacher this year and teacher from last year.
.
This one was for his girl friend (should have taken a pic of his "writing" in it too quite cute).

And the inside ... pop-up of course!! Credits for the vintage pictures for this little teddy card are from Fairy Davis Vintage. Check it out - they have loads of really cool vintage images that are free :-)
And I made two using this little picture for the teachers ... only took a pic of one. This little deer image was in the Valentine Vintage Chic kit from Scrap-n-Crop that I got when I attended the Crop.Arty last Saturday.

Then after Maddison woke I took the cookies, a bowl of pink icing and several jars of sprinkles and went down to school. The kids in Aaron's class sat and "dipped" the cookies in the icing and decorated them (and the table and floor!) with the sprinkles. :-) They had great fun ... and I sooooo couldn't be a teacher! I had to put my hands behind my back because I kept wanting to "help" (i.e. do it myself) the kids tip the sprinkles!! lol
.
Here's Maddison helping herself to some little pink chocolate drops when she thought no-one was looking!!
And Aaron's little girlfriend decorating :-)

And someone else just making sure those sprinkles weren't going anywhere!!

After icing one cookie each, Aaron and Maddison spent the rest of the time playing with the toys in the toddler classroom! The other kids decorated 1 or 2 (or 6 in someone's case) more cookies and ate them :-)

So that's been our day. I feel rather exhausted actually ... funny that. Lyndon's been out shopping tonight though and told me not to go to bed till he gets home! Hummmmm ... wonder what mischief he's been up to! :-)
.
Ahhh ... he's back and it's an ice-cream treat :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did it involve whipped cream and a g-string??!LOL!!

penelope haque said...

ooohhh... Gosh! These are so adorable Rachel. Great job.

Chubby fingers on cookies must taste really good too. ;)

Penny said...

lol at topkatz!!!
ice cream sounds good tho'.

Heh heh - love the fingers ensuring sprinkles didn't escape.