Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday ...

Well Tuesday is nearly over, and I am planning on an early night (well early for me!!). Last night was really late. I stayed up to do as much as I possibly could on my cultural LO for Project Scrap Away, so all I had to do today was stick it all down. Was brushing my teeth at 2.15am and Aaron woke crying, so I lay down with him on his bed for nearly half an hour and Maddison woke! Sigh ... so quietly left Aaron and fed her and while I was doing that I heard Aaron get out of bed and disappear into our room!!! So he spent the rest of the night in our bed. I didn't get a lot of sleep. Anyway that's life with contests and kids huh! :-)

Finished my LO though and am quite pleased with it. After all my worrying about it! Thanks everyone for your suggestions and ideas you gave me. I ran with the Kiwiana theme. Will post it on my blog later on either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Here's some pics of what the kids got up to yesterday. While I was doing my hair in the morning Aaron kept asking me to build him a house. But I couldn't be bothered with the cushion one as he destroys it too quickly! So made them this one in the lounge and it kept them entertained for a bit. In the afternoon Maddison opened her last 2 presents from us which were little board books, as you can see Aaron is the expert on present opening and possessing! He kept the ones that were interesting to him of course and Maddison could "share" the rest!!






Today Lyndon surprised us and came home at lunch time :-) The kids were so excited (and me too of course). And the other exciting news today was we got the water filter installed on our main water line, so hopefully now we have crystal clear water all the time! The guys that installed it said the dirty water problem was probably because the building had steel tanks instead of plastic ones! Nice.
Thought I'd share with you a couple of things Aaron has said in the last couple of days. Yesterday he drew all over my craft shelving unit with coloured pencils. I WAS NOT AMUSED! So he got sent to his room for time out while I spent about 20 minutes with an eraser trying to get it all off. I was reasonably successful, there's still a bit there if you look closely. Anyway I was just about finished and he comes in all happy and takes a look and says to me "Mummy all fixed, good job Mummy"! Unbelievable.
Tonight after tea I made some custard and we had it with some strawberries and icecream and Aaron had a taste and declared "It's okay Daddy"! Huh as if I would dish him up something inedible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see your layout rachel. You have done so well at having to dig deep over the last few days with parties and school holidays etc. Love the wee indoor tent you made there and had a giggle at the Aaron-isms....and last but not least yipppe for crystal clear water!!

Anonymous said...

Wowser, you must be so tired!! I hope you do get a nice early night (and an uninterrupted sleep).

Anyway, I bet the layout is amazing, looking forward to seeing it finished :-)

Can you buy the Magic Eraser sponges over there? They are "magic" for getting pen/crayon/pencil off pretty much anything! I LOVE mine!

Anonymous said...

Found your entry Rachel - love it. Fantastic to see you and another woman are top contenders!!!

Glad the kids are better.

Off to Music.

Sheena