Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Latest Happenings

Not sure where to start ... it's been busy! Lyndon left on Sunday night about 11pm for the airport. He had a 1am flight to Korea and was coming back Friday late afternoon, but yesterday he text me to say it was going to be Saturday now! Oh Bother Said Pooh!

Monday I got mail :-) WOO HOO ... Around 20 June Maya Road had a Warehouse sale. They had put together kits with old stock or overstock items for US$40 and normally it was US$115, so of course I had to get one! (they sold out within 36 hours so I was really lucky.) And I wasn't disappointed. Here's the goodness here .... I think some of these goodies might find their way into my RAKS :-)


By the way have you seen the new stuff they are bringing out ... oh boys ... my wishlist is ever so long now!!! Check out their blog. (I love the dino stamps and the zoo stamps, and the zoo key chain and ... and ... and ... !!!)

I got these buttons too ... aren't the tins just gorgeous :-) (I just about buy their stuff for the tins!! How sad is that!) Have seen some neat ideas done with the little tins for fridge magnets, so might try that. And the people keychain ... I have something in mind for that too :-)


Okay ... so this is what I've been working on for Scrap-n-Crop's Project Scrap Away Challenge #8. The challenge was a project and only in black and white, not even a hint or tinge of other colour ... I found it very hard actually not to add a teeny tiny bit of red!! :-)

The words Black & White mean classy & stylish to me. I've had this torso for a while now and when I found out this challenge was a project not a LO, I decided "she" would be perfect.



So here's what I started with, a cup tree which Lyndon pulled the pegs off for me and I painted black and the torso which I painted white.

Yeah ... that's my craft desk and it's pretty much always in a mess like that ... hee hee I should have taken the photos somewhere else!! :-)

So here she is in all her glory.

The underskirt is made of strips of black and white Bazzill and I scalloped punched the bottom edge so it was like lace on a petticoat. The skirt itself is strips of patterned paper from Tinkering Ink and rick rack. For the bodice I used StazOn ink and stamped onto tissue and mod podged it on and defined the edges with rick rack. The necklace is from the tops of brads. And of course no outfit is complete without a handbag :-) I cut down a Teresa Collins Damask Die Cut for the bag and added a little journaling tag inside. Journaling says "Black & White never goes out of Fashion".




So there you have it. And I see from the Project Scrap Away Blog that I won the immunity points for round 9 ... so fingers crossed that I don't get eliminated this round! Especially after all my readers hard work!

Okay I am off to tidy my work space, it looks like a black and white tornado has hit it and then Maya Road goodies landed on top! :-)

Edited to add ... blow me down there's 2 torso's ... check it out here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel your off the OTP creation is amazing very classy. OOh that Maya road stuff looks awesome what a great deal!!

Awesome about the support you have got from little o'l New Zealand

Anonymous said...

oh I like very much.....and oooooh I saw those kits advertised on Maya Road too.....lucky you. Whoo hoot on winning immunity for round 9.

Anonymous said...

Some very nice looking scrapping goodies there! Have fun!

I love your torso, the black & white combo is stunning. Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

rachel - i love it!

Danice said...

Gorgeous work, good luck! and its ok - I have actually bought the empty Maya Rd tins from America before.. youre not alone in the tin thing!

Penny said...

Lovely goodies there :)

The torso - very elegant! Love the strip idea too.

Anonymous said...

Your torso is very chic Rachel.

Well done on all of the Maya Road goodies too.
:-)