Saturday, August 23, 2008

Why don't birthday's come with sleep-in's?

Can't say that turning 35 spins my wheels! Anyway I had a nice day for my birthday even though I didn't get a sleep in! Maddison had a late sleep in the afternoon and Aaron had a sleep when he got home from work. Irene came over after work and after Aaron woke we went to a mall for tea. When we got home we had some cake that the sweetie Irene bought me. It was delicious :-) Love Aaron's face blowing out the candles!







Borders had a big sale in the middle of the mall too, so I couldn't walk past that! Found these stamps ... bargain price, set was missing the ink pad and activity book, but wasn't worried about that (I think I have enough inks at home!). We also got Maddison some shoes ... little crocs. The smallest size we could. I think they are still a little bit big, but she is totally in love with them! I got her a little Piglet doodah for them heehee. Thought it sort of suited her :-)


So here she is ... walking around carrying them! To get up she puts one in her mouth and grabs the wall then takes the shoe and off she goes!







This morning we went out and she had a 3 minute sleep in the car on the way home and has REFUSED to have a sleep this afternoon. Makes me so mad because I haven't got a single thing done, either in the kitchen or with my PSA project. (Guess who's having an early night tonight!!!)
Anyway after about 45 minutes of trying to get her to settle etc. I got her up and she went straight into Aaron's room and yelled and screamed at me and pointed up at her shoes (I had taken them off and put them on the top of the toy drawers before she went to bed). So gave them to her and the tears immediately stopped and here she is with her shoes and so happy and pleased with herself!








This week Aaron and Maddison got some birthday presents from Uncle J & Aunty R and little j. Here they are checking out their goodies. :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Its can be so fraustrating when they don't sleep and all the time they were in bed was wasted, grrr, so I hope the rest of the day was ummmm filled with sleep for little people :)

Anonymous said...

ooooh....happy birthday!!! DUH...I didn't realise earlier that you meant TODAY!! SORRY!! sounds like your day wasn't toooo bad all up! hope you get an extra BIG cuddle tonite when L gets home!!

Penny said...

Happy birthday again! Hope you got some stuff done today ;) The cake looks delicious. Nobody bothered to do one for me, I need an Aunty Irene I think.

So funny about the shoes. She and Lydia would be great mates then. Maybe she will want to sleep with them! LOL at the piglet thing - yes, it does seem strangely appropriate!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, didn't even know it was your birthday when I came yesterday. Happy Belated Birthday, and hope you have many more good ones to come.

fulltime mom

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday Rachel. I figure Lyndon must be home now and you have enjoyed having him hom as have the children. That cake looked mighty fine. Had a wee giggle about Miss M and her crocs, so cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday, Rachel! I agree that birthdays should include sleep-ins ... sorry you didn't get one, perhaps you can put your order in for the weekend or the next time hubby is home? Better late than never, huh? ;-)