Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kids & Their Mess!

Thought I'd show you some "typical" happenings around here at the moment!

Aaron likes to "read" when he's on the toilet. And of course "Little Madam" likes to be right there copying. I took these pics last night. Aaron was singing his ABC's and Maddison was standing and sitting by him reading. Today she has discovered the potty and demands (true) to be seated on it while he's on the loo! Sigh ... she is so loud with her demands it's deafening.




Anyway, they were in the bathroom reading and singing away last night while I was doing the dishes, then I heard Aaron laughing and saying "No Maddison, take this one". Hummm time for another inspection I think.

This is what I saw!!! Aaron had tossed his undies into the basin and was dancing on the toilet seat with the toilet roll. Maddison was eating the toilet paper and screwing it up and tossing it about. Ahhh ... the little pets.



Today they have been busy too. During the weekend we bought a "Thomas the Tank Engine" table. (heehee not!) I know Aaron would like one, but Ikea have a sale and this one is about one seventh of the price of a Thomas one. Works pretty well actually. Now Lyndon says all he needs is the roller coaster set so he can get the track down off the table onto the floor!! :-) (Not sure if the "he" bit is Lyndon himself or Aaron. LOL)

Here they are semi sharing the trains (well when it suits Aaron to I mean!).














Other breaking news ... I finally finished tidying the store room this morning, so here's my before and after shots! Actually it probably doesn't look much difference to you, but it's a big difference to me! I know what's in there, the boxes are labelled and labels facing out! and I can get right to the back of the room without climbing the mountain that was there before! :-) I was planning to store my linen in this cupboard, at the moment it's in one side of our wardrobe, but after cleaning it out the other week, I decided the linen would get too dusty and dirty, so it will just have to stay in our wardrobe. Our "his and hers" wardrobe is "ours and the linen" wardrobe! :-) Good job I don't have a lot of clothes LOL.



Okay, Aaron is at school, Maddison is sleeping and I am off to my craft desk to achieve something constructive on my PSA final challenge today.

BTW - keep an eye out on Project Scrap Away's blog, they have another challenge coming up which is (and I quote) "open to just about anyone who's prepared to flex their creative muscle". Cool huh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The toilet training looks like it's going well - even with the entertainment. But, hey, you had to know that unsupervised kids would soon find trouble!!LOL
Are you gonna do the next PSA challenge?

Penny said...

Haw haw! Love those rascals activities!

Great job on the tidy up too. Very satisfying. I wish we had Ikea here.

I am hoping grandad can be persuaded to make a Thomas table.

Anonymous said...

Is it wednesday yet - that cupboard tidy belongs in Woo Hoot Wednesday column!!
Continued good luck on the toilet training front!!!

Hope your PSA challenge is coming along nicely.

Anonymous said...

too funny at the toilet adventures I was laughing my head off at their hijinxs. Great table there and I can see the difference in the storeroom tidy up. Looks very organised Rachel. Awesome job.