Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday

Well another catch up ... I was hoping to do a post yesterday, but didn't get round to it. So here goes! :-) (Warning ... lots of photos!)

First of all, just want to say the results for Project Scrap Away Challenge 11 came out yesterday. I thought the result was totally unexpected, but there you go! (not that I was expecting to win) Sonja won with her little flip flops. You can see the other creations here.

Also ... Full Time Mom ... can you email me please :-) at : poppies73 at gmail dot com
and I can post you some serviettes. (I have a whole drawer full!!)

Thursday Irene came around 11am. After Maddison woke from her sleep we went to the Dessert Bar for lunch. Here's Aaron with his banana caramel pancake! It totally poured down with rain while we were at the restaurant, couldn't believe it ... I had no umbrella and no rain cover for the pram with me. We waited for a while, but the rain didn't ease up, so borrowed a brollie from the restaurant and dashed home (about a 5 minute walk). Got a bit wet, but not too bad.

Friday Irene came again ... we are so spoilt. She bought lunch, then after that we spent some time in the playground. Loved watching Maddison get really into crawling everywhere, her tights were filthy in the finish, but she had fun :-) She's very cheeky at the camera too!








Saturday Lyndon got home from India around 10am. He had a busy and eventful week. I'd love to blog about it, but will discuss it with him first! :-) heehee (Also want to see if he's got any photos worth sharing.)

So about 11am I put Maddison down for a sleep and the plan was that Lyndon was going to sleep too while Aaron and I went to a mall because I wanted to check out the prices of a Cuttlebug. So off we went and blow me down Lyndon sent me a text message after about 40 minutes to say Maddison hadn't gone to sleep (little monkey). So we pretty much got there, got the price of the bug and turned round and went home again. Decided I won't be buying a Cuttlebug here! They are SOOOO expensive. In New Zealand they are around $130, and here (well at the shop I checked out) they were RM550, that's just crazy. $100 NZ dollars is around RM250 so I would have thought around RM300 ... definitely not RM550. So it can just jolly well stay there on the shelf! Be cheaper to get it shipped from NZ, even with the price increase in postage.

Today I took some photos (well actually I took 154!!!) of Maddison. I wanted some of her at age 1, sitting on this little chair my Mum painted for me. Aaron had his 1 year old photo on this chair too. So after surfing 154 photos, deleting some and cracking up at others, I think I have 1 that I can use! Here's some of our efforts! :-) This little mouse Lyndon bought for her and she has it in her cot. Love the pics of her cuddling (and chewing) it ... trouble was she was looking at Lyndon instead of the camera! Oh well.













Yeah - that's her walking 3rd last picture :-) She puts her little arms up in the air and off she goes. Does about 10 steps before she plops onto her bottom.
Started my entry for round 12 of Project Scrap Away. The last round before the grand final. Oh my. I can hardly believe it. Haven't actually done anything on it over the weekend, so tomorrow afternoon when Aaron's back at school I want (make that need!) to have a good go at it :-)
Hope you all have a good week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, your daughter is so cute & full of actions & expressions! more pictures to scrap perhaps? ;) take care!

~Shyra~

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember the crawling stage - dirty worn out knees - such a pain for outdoor stuff!! oh well, she's walking now too...154 photos - WOW!Good luck for this round of PSA - and, the wee jandals from round 11 were cute...
Oh and; mmmmm....pancakes!!!

Penny said...

So cute! I love the one of her looking through the chair :) She looks like a bit of a ham that girl.

Perhaps Lyndon should be a guest blogger? :P

Cuttlebugs at the Warehouse are about $99.00 (I think). I know I've seen them at $99.00 somewhere. Might have been SBO actually. Want me to pick one up for you? They are a lot of fun. I never thought I'd use such a thing but now I have one I do use it frequently.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are so cute!!! Would look awesome on a layout, a whole bunch of them. Kind of like showing what the photo shoot was like ;-)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. Captures the essence of growing up. cuttle bug dies are now available here at a particular scrapbooking store for about RM36. The unit, I'm not sure as I use a big shot and the cuttlebug dies which are definitely much cheaper than sizzix.

fulltime mom.

p/s will email you.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos!!!
Glad it's not just me who hasn't had time to do round 12!! Sigh lol
Hope your well on the way to finished :)

Anonymous said...

You know your a scrapper when you take around 154 photos lol. Eeeks at the cuttlebug though. Thanks for posting your recipe below. Have fun for this weeks PSA challenge.