Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Scrap-it-Lah 6th & Final Challenge for April

Here's my entry for Scrap-it-Lah's 6th and last blog hop challenge for April. Go here to read about the challenge - you still have a couple of days to submit - entries close on the 30th of April.

Jessy's challenge was to draw inspiration from a photo of a cupcake. For some reason as soon as I saw the wrapping around the cupcake I immediately thought of Hambly overlays :-) So that's what I used at the top and bottom of my LO - I painted the back of them bright yellow and I think it really makes a statement!! heheee. The flower on the top of the cupcake was pretty cool so I used yellow Prima flowers and backed with them with a brown one to tone in with the Hambly & used yellow brads for the centres instead of pearls. The butterfly's I glimmer misted with Tattered Angels daffodil.
.
Here's a close up of flower & butterfly.
I haven't done as much scrapping as I would have liked this month ... it's been a good thing that Scrap-it-Lah have had 6 challenges to be honest!! Because I think that's all I have managed to achieve. The chances of me getting all our holiday photos scrapped before the baby arrives is looking a very impossible task! (and one I am not going to fret about either!) The trouble is when I wake up I am filled with energy and enthusiasm and by the time I get the kids to school ... or 10am if they are at home ... I am exhausted! LOL Anyway they are back to school today, no new cases of the virus have been reported, so hopefully it's safe! And I can do some playing this morning. :-)
.
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Steeped in Beautea said...

I love that colour combo and the butterflys and flowers are beautiful. Love your take on this challenge. Nice Hambly overlay.

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh yeah the Hambly do look like the cupcake holder!! Awesome thinking!! You did a very pretty layout. Thanks for playing along :)

Penny said...

This is great! love the yellow - it's a colour that doesn't get much use in scrapbooking I think but it's so cheerful.