Monday, July 30, 2012

Holiday Update #6 ... Christchurch and back home ...

In the afternoon of Monday 23rd July we flew back to Christchurch.  We had made plans to catch up with a couple of lots of friends that afternoon and evening since our time left in NZ was short!  So we went back to mini golf and met one lot of friends there.  Lyndon got to see how the kids actually play golf (their version of it anyway heehe).  Maddison actually got a hole in one on this part!  Couldn't believe my eyes and I don't think she could either :-)

 After golf we went to another friends place for dinner.  Kids had a blast playing together.

Tuesday we woke to a lovely frost!

 Later in the day Aaron went with Lyndon and Grandad to check the cattle and shift a break fence.

 He got a little sidetracked by a worm or two :-)
 Helping tighten up the fence.
For the city slickers ... a break fence is a temporary one to ration feed for the stock.  It usually gets moved every day or so to give them a bit more so they don't trample the entire paddock and waste it.
That night we were out again for dinner at friends :-)  The girls had fun playing dress-ups (and at the end of our visit the bedroom looked like it had been trashed!)
Wednesday a little princess turned 5.  She opened her presents from Nana and Grandad.  Aaron read her the card :-)
 Not sure who was most excited about her present hehee
 She got a playdoh ice-cream maker!

 Lots of fun (and major mess) was had by Aaron and Maddison :-)
In the afternoon I baked a cake for her birthday ... got to use my new dolly varden cake tin :-)  I filled it a bit full though, so we had a little eruption going on on one side!
Thursday morning the kids got it in their minds to make a house for worms :-)  So Grandad was very kind and went out worm hunting with them and then they made a house for them hehee
 I iced her cake ... the jubes were supposed to be a mermaid tail hehee

 Maddison was pleased with it so that's the main thing.  I put some choc fish around the edge too :-)
As soon as she had blown out the candle and licked the icing of that, she whipped out the dolls head and dealt with all the icing and sprinkles decorating that as well!!!
Friday morning was an early start to get to the airport on time.  I had packed a new toy each for Aaron and Maddison (lego and a polly pocket doll) so that kept them busy until they could use the entertainment system :-)
 Samuel played with his leapfrog toy he got for his birthday from Nana and Grandad.
During the flight there was a little boy sitting behind us about 5 months older than Samuel and he had a toy car, which of course when Samuel saw it he wanted it!  Luckily the bag of hotwheels cars Aaron and Samuel got as gifts didn't fit into a suitcase and were in the carry-on luggage, so I got it out and sat with them in the space by the exit and toilets :-)  Loved that they had the same colour hair :-)

 Samuel had a good sleep, so did Aaron.
About 3 hours before we landed Samuel threw up ... unfortunately he'd had some Kapiti ice-cream that was black doris plum flavour, so you can imagine the colour!!!  About an hour after he was sick, Maddison was too, then she went to sleep pretty much straight away!  A while later Aaron was sitting by me and he gave a cough.  So I asked "are you going to be sick too?"  No ... I got a sick bag ready though just in case.  Sure enough, he coughed again then was sick (in the bag ... phew).  So that kept Lyndon and busy for a while!!  :-}

When we landed in Singapore we walked to the next terminal and were able to board the plane to KL straight away.  Coming home in the taxi Aaron and Maddison fell asleep.  Samuel was asleep in my arms before we even left!
They seemed to get a second wind though we when we got home and were dashing about everywhere checking things out that they hadn't seen for a few weeks!

I left the unpacking till Saturday!  :-)

So that was our holiday - thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is good to be back home.  Although I could do without the drilling and jack hammering that's been going on all day today over the road!

Thanks for visiting.  


Steeped in Beautea said...

Gosh that play dough ice cream maker is awesome, I think I want one too lol. I was thinking your children are great little travellers, despite them throwing up. Funny enough we stopped at Lindale on the way home for Kapiti ice cream and I saw the plum ice cream. Mike had blueberry muffin and I had passionfruit and lemon icecream.

Love that Samuel made a wee friend on the plane, so cute. Your dolly cake looked fab, had a wee laugh at Miss M and her dealing to that doll. The best part clearly lol

Helen Tilbury said...

Hi Rachel :) Thanks so much for your condolence comment on my blog - I really appreciate it :) Have enjoyed a good catch up on your blog tonight :)))) Your little ones are really growing up. You must be feeling like a local in KL after all this time :))