Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tree's Up

Christmas tree went up on Saturday morning. Very interesting procedure with 2 little "helpers"!!!! Aaron opened the box of decorations and spread them about, tried on the Santa hats, opened all the boxes of lights (grrr), while Maddison sat and chewed as many ornaments as she could get her little hands on (check last photo of the red apples!!!).
.
So ... pictures (not going to tell you how many I took ... I am sure you can imagine). Here's a medley of the kids sorting, chewing and posing and some of my favourite decorations. I don't go with the colour theme for the tree, it's a glorious muddle of all sorts of things and the bottom of the tree has the cheap, nasty, tacky decorations so if Maddison (and previously Aaron) chews them I don't need to stress about it. 3 years ago I bought a box of these red and gold ribbon wrapped polystyrene balls for next to nothing ... there's now only 2 left on the tree!!! You would think I starved the kids!

A couple of sets of lights needed to be mended (we have four strings of lights!!) The tree is pretty light heavy, but they are all different, one is just a set that stays on all the time, another one flashes all over the place, one plays music and one has different mini lights and flashes as well. Note Aaron being ever so helpful with the wire cutters!!!

Aaron having a wee conversation between a Santa and a Reindeer decoration :-)


I was actually a bit of a meany because I put Maddison to bed before we actually pulled the tree out of the box, she was getting a bit ratty, so decided it would be nicer all round if she had a sleep. Well it was so cool to see her face when she woke up and saw the tree with the lights and music going :) (there's those last 2 red & gold balls! Wonder if they will make it for another Christmas!!) I gave her the Snowlady with the dented bottom to hang on the tree too, she thought that was pretty cool.

Here they are today inspecting the tree. Aaron's deciding how he can get something down that's out of his reach!

See ...

And here's the proof of my poor little red apples, the ones at the bottom of the pic. I haven't put apples on the tree this year, decided I couldn't be bothered with the red stains on Maddison's face and clothes!


In the afternoon we went to a mall for lunch and Maddison & I left Lyndon & Aaron there to look at watch shops (hahahaa) while we went to Scrap-n-Crop to pick up some Christmas papers I had ordered for my daily album. I bought quite a bit extra too ... there's all these new and yummy scrapping goodies there that aren't on the website yet, so I indulged!! Then when I was ready to leave I discovered it was absolutely pouring with rain and I had parked a the end of the street, so I couldn't possibly leave then, so some more goodies found their way into my pile!! :)
.
I've started the covers for my album, hoping to have them finished and holes all punched etc. so I can take some pics to blog for tomorrow. Then I need to start journaling etc. in it!
.
Tomorrow is a public holiday here, so looking forward to having Lyndon home for the day, then he's away for Tues and Weds, Thursday's a public holiday for him and Mum arrives that day :-) 4 more sleeps :-)

8 comments:

penelope haque said...

love-lee
nice header too! so adorable.
ok.am off to bed b4 santa doesn't bring me gifts! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree you have there, your helpers looked like they had a great time as well.

Merry Christmas.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks lovely, and those are great photos of your little helpers. I didn't take any pics of us putting the tree up!

Penny said...

Hee hee - those poor apples ;) We put ours up too. I had two helpers as well. Your tree looks lovely.

Cute new banner - like M's dress there. I just went through L's drawers yesterday and removed everything that was too small. I now have one empty drawer and 3 bags of clothes to give away!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your tree up ... I can't beleive the chewing of the ornaments - my kids never did that, just 'fiddled'. We seriously contemplated not putting up a tree this year ... maybe a xmas scratching post or chair would do??!

Anonymous said...

nice new banner....Miss M looks so cute in that dress (in the third photo from the bottom. Yipee for getting the tree up.

Mrs Frizz said...

gorgeous photo collage ...

You will just have to remember to feed the children before they attack the Christmas decorations again ... lol ... but I guess while I think about it ... some of the decorations do look more than a little edible really ... truly!!!!

Serene Ho said...

I love your little helpers! Makes it more fun to decorate the tree! Which reminds me .. time to do mine .. but I'm so lazee! LOL!