Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Silly Season Daily Album!

I changed my mind ... chicks can do that can't they? Well I did!! I was going to start it from 5th December, but when I came to putting it together and sorting out stuff for the 5th, I thought, this is silly ... you've only missed 5 days, get on with it! So it's ALL of December and either all or most of January ... probably be just until Mum goes back home.

The inside pages are in no way in their final state! For example, they might be shifted places (depending on what we did on the day and the colour scheme), ripped a little here, punched a bit there, painted and inked here, and I still haven't added the numbers for the dates ... it's still a work in progress! But I've done the covers, and I've done days 3, 5, 6 and 7 of Dec (minus the journaling!). So pleased with what I've done so far. Just need to get it up to date then hopefully it will be a bit easier to keep up with! (ha easier said than done I guess!).

So here's the front cover ... still not sure if I am going to put the word December on it yet ... will think on it for a bit.

Mid cover - for January. (Check out the Maya Road sheer bird that I put through my cuttlebug (man I love that machine) then I put ice stickles on the reverse in the dents on the swirl then once that had dried used Glossy Accents to adhere it ... can't see the glossy accents under the stickles :-) clever huh!) It does look better in real life ... looks a bit flat and dull in this pic, but there's gold glimmer mist in there as well ... just sort of can't see it.

Back cover ... like my handcrafted by Rachel stamp? :-)

These are the numbers I'm using for December ... it's a Making Memories sheet. Still haven't decided what I am doing for January yet!

And some of the inside pages. This album is such a GREAT way to use up your stash of patterned paper! Some of it I've had for so long and really love it, but seriously, what's the point of having it there just to look at every now and again! I got quite ruthless for me and just cut, cut, cut. Even though I knew some of the papers I can't get any more! Brave aye. But ... I can look at them in the album rather than in my paper drawers :-)



Really like this paper ... that's new in at Scrap-n-Crop (not listed on their web page yet hehehee)
The green floral paper on the left is the back of the January cover (love that paper too ... it's an OLD Anna Griffin one!).


Once I've completed some pages ... like properly completed, I'll post some pics.
Oh and don't ask for a complete materials list, because I wouldn't have a clue! Just imagine nearly every paper company that's ever produced 12x12 paper in the last 5-6 years! lol

6 comments:

Serene Ho said...

Wow...love what you did to the album! Empty pages but still look stunning! Can't wait to see the finished product!

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

errr...herrrm.....how do you finish that so fast? and waht a lovely tip...shud put it up on snc's t&t!!! oh serene, rachel, we had our 1st christmas tree...ever...all decked up....tot wat the heck, with all my christmas ornaments from Provo Craft, I might as well have a tree on our own...!!!! thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

Mrs Frizz said...

What an awesome wee album - it will be bulging by the time you have finished. Look forward to show and tell.

Penny said...

It's going to look great! :)

razlin said...

lovely pages!! yes the papers are awesome!!

penelope haque said...

I know I've got a serious problem when I can name the papers!!!