Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Countdown for the New Year ...

50 minutes to go! Well in this neck of the woods anyway :-)
.
This morning while I was doing my hair and Mum was in her room Aaron was very busy getting breakfast organised!! He ran into Grandma's room and gave her a chocolate bar and said "here you are Grandma I think this is yours!!" and skittered back out to the kitchen again. Mum came and got me and we went out to find this ... he had got everything that looked interesting to him out of the fridge and put it on the table ready for breakfast, then got the cracker tin and managed to get it open and was helping himself and chucking one to Maddison!! :-) I had to grin because he's just like his father ... he had the cream out and the chocolate sauce. heheehee And the juice ... that was the "very nice milk" :-) Oh and the apple on the jam jar ... "I found it Grandma! I found the apple, it rolled on the ground, I found it!" (meaning when he was busy disrupting the order of the fridge the apple fell out!)
.
Needless to say we didn't have that all for breakfast ... the kids had porridge & yogurt, I had egg and toast and Mum had cereal, fruit & yogurt.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the playground and had fun with the bubble machines ... I think Maddison sucked a lot more than she should have! but she had fun anyway :-)


Here's a little muffin recipe book I made for a friend. They saw the little one I made here and said it was very cool and would like to have a try at making muffins one day. So this was their Christmas present :-)
.
I used 6x6 chipboard for the pages, covered it in Florish paper and used scrap cardstock to make the "pockets" for the recipe cards. The embellishments are all Florish stickers as well (except for the wooden jar of utensils on the front cover). (Took me less than 3 hours from start to finish!) Sorry my photography skills aren't the best ... I am still in major learning mode with my new camera. I need to sit down and read the manual I think!!
.
Cover
Back cover
1st 2 pages
3rd & 4th pages showing recipe card removed
5th & 6th pages

So I'll leave you with that ... and I'll scamper off. Having trouble keeping my eyes open.
.
We wish you all the very best for 2009 ... hope it's a super year for you all. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Rachel ... the muffin recipe book looks very cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rachel!
Aaron looks so proud of himself, he did a great job "helping" to get breakfast ready! Hope he helped put it all away too, LOL :-)

Anonymous said...

Happpy New Year, Rachel. A looks like a happy camper in the picture being helpful with breakfast.

fulltime mom

Serene Ho said...

Happy New Year Rachel & family! Love the recipe book. I'm so tickled by what Aaron and Maddison did LOL :)

Penny said...

happy new year!

Great muffin book :)

LOL at the breakfast helper ;) Chocolate sauce and crackers - a balanced diet ;)