Thursday, May 23, 2013

Scrap Around the World

There's a new challenge blog called Scrap Around The World :-)  You can check it out here.

This month's challenge is the sketch below and the moodboard.  See here for this month's challenge details.


I stuck pretty much to the sketch, except I used an oval instead of a circle, and although I love teal, it's not my "go-to" colour ... brown is hehee  So my eyes were automatically drawn to the bottom right picture on the moodboard.  I decided it was rustic look and pulled out a pad of Tim Holtz's papers and went from there.  Actually, apart from the tissue tape, oval shape, linen thread and photos, everything else is from Tim (papers, inks, cogs, clocks, spinners and the Sizzix dies as well).



Aaron at 4 years old :-)  Yep ... still working my way through that mighty pile of photos from our 2009 holiday!  (nearly there!)

It took me 3 days of 5-10 minutes here and there to finish this LO!  Help me, I haven't scrapped in so long I am rusty!!  

Love the sketch for this challenge.  Might even use it again :-)  Is anyone else out there reading my blog that's playing along?

Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

topkatnz said...

Well you did a great job with those rusty hands.love all the tags:) it is a good sketch.

Ella Swan said...

Rachel this looks fully gorgeous!! So glad SATW got you scrapping again! Thanks for your support :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Awww what a little sweet guy! Really like your take on the challenge. Thanks a bunch for sharing your inspiration with us at SATW!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Adorable page! Thank you for joining Scrap around the World.

Keren Tamir said...

such a nice page!! love it!! thanks for joining us at SATW

Jules the Bling Princess said...

What a sweet page! He is so adorable. Thank-you for joining us at Scrap Around The World.

Bellaidea said...

Very cute page, thank you so much for joining Scrap Around The World challenge this month, I hope you will like June's sketch and Mood Board too!